`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Vent

RE: Need to Vent
I had a situation like that as well where I sent my end out with a high feedback and he said he never recieved the card so he never sent my end out. I showed proof of insurance but my major mistake there was I should of insured it for $201.00 so he would of had to sign for it. So not only did I loose my card I never recieved the card I was supposed to recieve. Well atleast he has been banned from this sight but it was my one and only negative feedback and I believe I would be at a 5.0 still if it was not for him.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

The feedback system on this site sucks, plain and simple. People use feedback to screw with other people. I leave feedback the day i get the cards , regardless of what the trader does. If i got my cards in a decent amount of time and they were shipped securely, then i leave feedback saying so...people who wait for the other person to leave feedback are shady for the most part. The system is stupid...people can forget to click on all the stars and that shows up as a zero for the other person. You can ruin someones feedback on here just by forgetting to click all the stars and it isn't fixable ...how stupid is that ?

I believe you can leave a response to the feedback that was left for you, just make a statement letting everyone know that this feedback was left in retaliation to feedback you left for this person.

(01-26-2012, 07:56 AM)randall617 Wrote: Nothing we can do about booger-eatin' morons.
Quoted for truth

It sucks to get an unfair feedback. And I too wish there were a way to 'fix' things like this (both here, and other sites)

But in the end, one or two 'booger-eatin' morons' won't sully your trading reputation...the vast majority of people are reasonable and understand that.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I messed up on a trade recently. Error in entering the card in the org.

The guy who received let me know about it, we worked things out and in the end he got a nice auto out of it. The community I have dealt with here is fantastic (so far). Were all like minded when it comes to our collection and seem to really follow the "send stuff out how I'd like to receive it" mentality.

If only things were as good in real life situations.

(01-26-2012, 07:21 AM)jtraven42 Wrote: If at all possible, try to avoid tape on top loaders. It can easily damage cards. Team bags aren't all that expensive. especially when compared to the headaches they easily avoid. Smile
Explain how tape on a toploader can damage a card.

This is an unfortunate side effect of the whole feedback system. I have been burned a couple times myself. I have come to the conclusion that if there is something in a trade im not happy with and the trader does nothing to correct it then i just dont leave feedback because i know if i do and im honest they will retaliate and ruin my rating. Wish i knew of a way to make the system better but it is what it is. But as with other issues on this site Beckett just shoves them into the trash can as long as we keep paying for the subscription. Thats all they care about.
(01-26-2012, 09:03 AM)john1580 Wrote: The feedback system on this site sucks, plain and simple. People use feedback to screw with other people. I leave feedback the day i get the cards , regardless of what the trader does. If i got my cards in a decent amount of time and they were shipped securely, then i leave feedback saying so...people who wait for the other person to leave feedback are shady for the most part. The system is stupid...people can forget to click on all the stars and that shows up as a zero for the other person. You can ruin someones feedback on here just by forgetting to click all the stars and it isn't fixable ...how stupid is that ?
I am a victim of someone forgetting to check all the stars. I dont blame them one bit because it was an honest mistake. I blame beckett for 1. not correcting the error, and 2. not making it so that it cant happen by mistake!

My feedback is below 5.0 because some people I've traded with didn't give me any stars on the payment category. No payment was sent or received as there wasn't any payments involved but since there was none involved, they left that blank. My overall feedback dropped. Can't fix it.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(01-26-2012, 03:14 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Explain how tape on a toploader can damage a card.
1. If card jostles around in the toploader a bit, the top edge can stick to the tape and cause minor damage to the edge. Especially on thicker cards.

2. It's a pain in the rear to remove to get the card out. I often have to use scissors or a knife because you can't remove the tape. Even being careful, it's easy to nick the card with whatever tool you're using.

3. To try to remove the tape, requires holding the loader tightly, and if the tape doesn't 'give' right away, can cause the loader to slightly bend and twist.

Plus, it ruins the toploader for future use for those who are picky about wanting clean toploaders. Personally I reuse them even if they have tape residue, but others are understandably much more picky.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I know how you feel bro. I made a trade for a 40 dollar auto relic card, received the package, put the card in my collection and didn't think about it for 3 weeks....when I looked at it the next time...IT WAS THE WRONG CARD. Instead of being an auto triple relic /30, it was an auto dual relic out of /375! It also only BVed for 15 bucks...I go to PM the member....and they'd already been banned!

That same week a traded put 0 stars on EVERYTHING on accident...needless to say my trader rating's been hit hard too...now it only goes up by .01 every time I get a 5 star positive Sad
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75