`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collecting Survey

RE: Collecting Survey

1. I started when my parents got me some 1986 topps cards.
2. I started and stoped several times but was most active during the mid 90s, stopped and picked it up last year.
3. Howard Johnson and Dave Magaden mainly.
4. I don't really have a fave right now but i like Ike Davis when hes not hurt...............
5. I don't usually collect players much anymore but it would probbaly be Nolan Ryan and Mike Schmidt. However, I'm looking to complete the base cards of Johnny Antonelli (old timer)
6. What is your oldest card? A 1954 topps Don Muller card from the NY Giants.
7. I do this for the love of baseball and the fun of putting sets together. If I had more spending money I would like to do more than one set a year. I'd be divorced and dead if i started to purchase cases and multiple products by the dozen haha.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

1. What year did you start collecting? 1983
2. How many years have you been collecting? (this may differ from question one if you took "a break") 29
3. Who was your favorite player when you began collecting? Cal Ripken Jr
4. Who is your favorite player now? Cal Ripken Jr
5. Which player do you have the most different cards of and how many? no particular player just rookie autos, thousand of different rookies, 50,000 plus cards all rookies, HOF and includeds about 3,000 commons
6. What is your oldest card? (scan if you want) 1954
7. Do you collect for the love of the cards (just love baseball and cards) or for monetary reasons (an investment)? I collect for a hobby-as enjoyment only-I enjoy the busting-don't really follow sports but know the players
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

(01-25-2012, 04:03 PM)zeprock Wrote: I'm just curious about your collecting habits. Share if you want.

1. What year did you start collecting?
2. How many years have you been collecting? (this may differ from question one if you took "a break")
3. Who was your favorite player when you began collecting?
4. Who is your favorite player now?
5. Which player do you have the most different cards of and how many?
6. What is your oldest card? (scan if you want)
7. Do you collect for the love of the cards (just love baseball and cards) or for monetary reasons (an investment)?
1. 1989
2. never stopped
3. Nolan Ryan
4. Nolan Ryan
5. Nolan Ryan over 1,800 ( see my Nolan Ryan Thread)
6.1888 Old Judge Joseph Mulvey ( Pictured in my PC Thread)
7. Love of cards and baseball as the sport

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

1. 2005
2. 7 years
3. Derek Lee
4. Cheslor Cuthbert (MILB)
5. Dont have many of a single player
6. 1968 Dave Pope (CYMTO)
7. just for the love of the sport
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

2. How many years have you been collecting? (this may differ from question one if you took "a break")
around 20 years or so because of geographicla reasons

tough one, i think mike schmidt

even tougher, Ripken and current phillies

cal ripken, over 400 different cards of his

1955 bowman Richie Ashburn,1956 topps luis aparicio rc
it cost me like 2$
[Image: richieashburn.jpg]

[Image: LuisAparicio1.jpg]

7. Do you collect for the love of the cards (just love baseball and cards) or for monetary reasons (an investment)?
I collect for th elove of the game and the cards, I never collected as an investment although its nice to know your cards have some monetary value so i guess its a +

[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(01-25-2012, 04:03 PM)zeprock Wrote: I'm just curious about your collecting habits. Share if you want.
- 1992 is as far back as I remember. Went to the mall with Mom and Dad and there was a card show going on. They let me pick out a card I liked... 1992 Ryne Sandberg... which I still have.

- I have collected off and on since '92. It's only recently that I have focused my collection on higher-end Diamondbacks cards and a player supercollection of Mark Reynolds.

- I don't think I really had a favorite back then. I was only seven. But I remember enjoying cards of Ozzie Smith and Darryl Strawberry.

- Mark Reynolds, Stephen Drew, Miguel Montero, and Barry Enright.

- Currently, that is Reynolds. I have at least 100 different cards of his, including 53/122 cards from 2011 and 8 total 1/1s.

- I actually got my oldest card this year from the Topps Diamond Giveaway: 1959 John Roseboro.

- I collect purely for the enjoyment of it. I have been fortunate to sell a few cards in the pursuit of purchasing others (my 2011 Goodwin Giant Panda patch for $250, from which I used $200 to buy the 2011 Bowman Chrome Canary 1/1 of Mark Reynolds), but I don't much care about the cards' appreciating value, and I've been known to trade "good" prospects and veteran cards for the ones I want at a loss.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

My answers:
1. I started collecting in 1993. I was 7 years old.
2. Several years. On and off.
3. Didn't have one. I collected sets.
4. Don't have one. : (
5. I currently have 966 different cards of Ken Caminiti.
6. My oldest card is a 1974 Topps #456 Dave Winfield RC.
7. I collect because I love baseball, baseball cards and my Padres.

1. 1992 is when my PC started even though I was just being born
2. 20 years...my collection started when my dad found out he was going to have a boy
3. Bill mazeroski
4. Andrew Mccutchen
5. Baseball wise probably 2 or 3 thousand griffeys, Same with bonds
6. around 150 different T206's
7. I am a collector at heart and have alot of different card and memorabilia collections but the Sports card Industry is my income due to owning a shop. I have cards that I will never sell but I do have to buy cards for strictly resale purposes ( I do keep the cool stuff though haha)
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

--9 years
--Frank Thomas
--Still Thomas...and now plus Longoria
--Thomas, probably around 300
--1933 Goudey Bob O'Farrell rookie
--For love of the game
[Image: drmilstid-1.png]

Collect Frank Thomas, Longo, and Matt Moore. Also Rays autos and RC's of every MVP, CY, and ROY award winners...as well as HOF RC's
~~Semper Fi

1. 1980 - 1986, 1997 - 1999, 2010 - Present
2. 13 Years combined although I have 0 cards from the 1st time and only Yankees from the 2nd time.
3. Was more of a set collector
4. Jeter/Cano
5. Derek Jeter - 762
6. 1961 Topps Billy Martin
7. Collect for the love of baseball and to build and eventually share the collection with my 15 month-old son