`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice work USPS on ruining my /10 Patch Auto :(

RE: Nice work USPS on ruining my /10 Patch Auto :(
The LCS in town, he has a giant box of em, they range from 25-75 cents depending on thickness.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(01-17-2012, 09:30 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I never asked, but does it cost to mark something Fragile?
Legit question in this day and age, but no there's no cost. I sometimes just write Fragile on envelopes. Haven't had an issue yet thankfully.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

that really does suck bro but look on the bright side their is still 9 others out there
[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector

This is why i bought a whole roll of "DO NOT BEND" stickers and i ship everything in magnetics or a hard case. I have a whole stock pile of cases for this reason thank god i work in a card shop. i never ever! had a card come to a buyer/trader in a bad condition. With this said it IS NOT the senders fault they sent it in a bubble mailer etc etc as we all like our cards to be sent in. The post office WILL NOT look at fragile as a means to handle your cards with care this i know for a fact, However they will honor the "DO NOT BEND" or "PHOTOS DO NOT BEND" this will escape the automatic sorter. Your package i can tell went through what they call a slap sorter that goes into different bins going to different places. The package then got caught in the conveyer and was torn up and bent. Usually bubbler will escape this by trained eyes but someone who is new will not know to hand sort the bubbler because it is not designed to go into that type of sorter. Even though no insurance was bought for this item you can still open a claim by bringing in the cost of the card and all the mess they sent you. you can get a refund of postage and the cost of the item. It may take a little while but i would go and open a claim.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

(01-17-2012, 09:56 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: Paypal and Ebay may said its the sellers fault via their standards, however common sense says its not, and I would not file a claim. PO fault all the way which gets you nowhere without insurance.
I am not quoting paypal policies. I was just talking about the shipping labels with my post.

The seller had the option of insuring the package for their protection. Unfortunately the buyer doesn't ship their own package so they could not pay for insurance. So, who is responsible for making the buyer happy here???

I assure you that if it is an ebay case. You have a great case. It was not your responsibility until you recieved the card yourself crimedawg. I have dealt with this type of situation on both ends and if it was cash you paid for this item, I would expect compensation. The seller should have had insurance on this package, but chose not to include it. The shipper assumed the risk and that is why paypal and ebay set their standards in that way.

Xtreme- it costs nothing and if you ship from home, be sure to use a red marker to make the word "Fragile" stand out the way postal employees are used to it standing out. Basically in the same way that red stamp you get from the clerk does when shipping from a PO.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(01-17-2012, 11:46 PM)Krangry Wrote: The LCS in town, he has a giant box of em, they range from 25-75 cents depending on thickness.
That is actually a brilliant idea on your LCS's part. I am seriously considering asking you to buy me a dozen or two and I'll paypal you and/or trade for them! haha
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(01-18-2012, 12:33 AM)buckunteer Wrote: That is actually a brilliant idea on your LCS's part. I am seriously considering asking you to buy me a dozen or two and I'll paypal you and/or trade for them! haha
+1 I was thinking the same thing
[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector

Sorry to hear about the problems.. I've had various cards ruined by USPS. Most were SPX dual jersey or patch cards... After learning from experience, I always ask the sender to put the blank cardboard inserts taped to the jersey/patch side of the card.. or inside the teambag.

I always ship my cards with toploaders, cardboard inserts, teambag.. inside a bubble-mailer. since bubble-mailers can be expensive, I usually buy the small ones at my local CVS.. they cost #1.29-1.49.. usually I can get them, buy two 4 one. I have to buy them out every time, because they never stock their shelves.. if they don't got the small ones, I get the larger ones.. but am scared that the cards can move around. In this case. I wrap a papernapkin around the card & put a piece of tape to each side, to hold the card in place. If it's an expensive card, then I put it in a magnetic onetouch hard case. I try to add this cost to my cards if selling..

I always ship from home, because it is cheaper using the ebay/paypal online shipping.. I write "fragile" in red marker on both sides. From experience, some USPS employes don't care about your mail. same as FEDEX, UPS or any other shipper. I personally seen FEDEX & UPS throwing & kicking boxes off their trucks. I worked in a Naval warehouse for 4 years & received daily deliveries of 50-300 packages. Writing "fragile" means little, but it does help to those mail/shipping carriers that take pride in their jobs.

I started taking my cards that I ship USPS to the post office, standing in line, and ask them to scan them in my presence. I do this, because if I don't the online tracking takes forever to upload the original scan. or sometimes doesn't even upload. I shipped a $1500 Lebron Exquisite AUTO/BOX overseas. Took over 30 days to get to the buyer.. the original scan never got processed.. I was scared, because I did not use insurance or pay for registered mail, which I been told is the preferred method of international shipping. I used the customs form number as tracking, knowing that they are supposed to scan it when it passes customs & then scan it again once delivered. I know this, because I shipped and received hundreds of stuff all over the world for the Navy. It should be the same for civilian mail, when it comes to customs. Each country is supposed to track what is coming in through customs. this is one way how they charge customs fees.. luckily the buyer for me did not have to pay customs.. I would of felt bad. I don't like marking "gift", because if they receiver says he never received it.. I couldn't do anything if I didn't send it registered or insured.

now, USPS employees should know that bubble-mailers are not supposed to go through the automatic sorter. That is why they are used. because they are supposed to protect the documents, in our case sports cards, magnets, or what ever the case may be...

It is sad when these things happen. I would print a snapshot of the cost of card & go make a complaint to the USPS. Even though not much will be done.. at least you tried to do something. Depending on the seller, they might send you a few cards to make it good on their part, if you complained to them (in a nice way)... but I usually only see that if it came from a cardshop or a huge powerseller online.

Hopefully you can locate another card for a reasonable price... by the way, how much did you pay for the card?
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

I am guessing that you bought it on the bay, file an item not as described with paypal, while it is partially the Po's fault it is also the Sellers fault for not taping two of those cardboard filler cards around the top loader.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(01-17-2012, 11:59 PM)MannyEsco Wrote: that really does suck bro but look on the bright side their is still 9 others out there
+1

[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?