`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad

RE: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad
(01-12-2012, 04:35 PM)cody_allen Wrote: Nice I wondered about the bowman cause I have a Barry sanders green and the only other one I saw want lol
So, those are actually variants? Crap, I may have given some of my Youngs away thinking they were dupes.

Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

I need to get the gadsden non sparkle variant for 2000 quantum leaf.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(01-13-2012, 12:16 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: I need to get the gadsden non sparkle variant for 2000 quantum leaf.
Me as well. Marinocollector sure knows his variants.

(01-13-2012, 12:14 PM)younglover Wrote: So, those are actually variants? Crap, I may have given some of my Youngs away thinking they were dupes.
I hate it when I do that!

I think I gave away a bunch of 91 UD's and a couple of these cards as well, until they were brought tio my attention.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(01-12-2012, 01:56 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: Here's a couple of other weird 90's variants that remain uncatalogued. I dont think any of these are scarcer than the other, but just something to put make the purr of your Supercollection that much sweeter....

1996 Ultra Medallion foil variation
Available in 3 colors... bronze, silver, and gold. This one can almost go unnoticed until you shuffle through a LARGE amount of 1996 Ultra. Easiest to tell the variations apart in person... Although, even then, the bronze and silver require major squinting...
[Image: DSCF8758.jpg]

1993 Bowman Foil variation
Available in 3 colors, Green, Gold, Purple... almost impossible to tell from scans/pictures, very obvious in person...
[Image: DSCF8756.jpg]

2001 Quantum Leaf K-Mart Blaster Exclusive
I busted the heck out if 2000 Quantum Leaf hobby/retail (almost 2 full base sets... 350 cards... 4 cards/pack)... I planned to do the same in 2001, but the hobby price was too much for me... and the only place with blasters was K-Mart, which had a special non-foiled version. Wish i bought the blaster now, as these singles are IMPOSSIBLE. so happy I snagged the Marino on accident in a giant lot.
[Image: DSCF8760.jpg]
I picked up the color variants for 1993 Bowman Marvin Jones for my Jets collection.
Moving on to 1996 Ultra, are the bronze & silver variants common?, I don't have any.

(02-12-2012, 10:48 PM)ginge01 Wrote: I picked up the color variants for 1993 Bowman Marvin Jones for my Jets collection.
Moving on to 1996 Ultra, are the bronze & silver variants common?, I don't have any.
They are almost impossible to see to be honest. I have to look 3-4 times, and ask 3 other people if they saw the foil variant as well. The easiest way to tell is having a bunch of 1996 Ultra together. I know the LCS I go to have about 1500 cards from the 200 card set, so its easy to see the variants. The seem fairly common. LMK what # Jones is, and if I remember, will see if I can find some.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(02-13-2012, 04:55 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: They are almost impossible to see to be honest. I have to look 3-4 times, and ask 3 other people if they saw the foil variant as well. The easiest way to tell is having a bunch of 1996 Ultra together. I know the LCS I go to have about 1500 cards from the 200 card set, so its easy to see the variants. The seem fairly common. LMK what # Jones is, and if I remember, will see if I can find some.
Can you check for any Steve Ultras for me, too, please Smile

Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

(01-12-2012, 01:56 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: Here's a couple of other weird 90's variants that remain uncatalogued. I dont think any of these are scarcer than the other, but just something to put make the purr of your Supercollection that much sweeter....

1996 Ultra Medallion foil variation
Available in 3 colors... bronze, silver, and gold. This one can almost go unnoticed until you shuffle through a LARGE amount of 1996 Ultra. Easiest to tell the variations apart in person... Although, even then, the bronze and silver require major squinting...
[Image: DSCF8758.jpg]

1993 Bowman Foil variation
Available in 3 colors, Green, Gold, Purple... almost impossible to tell from scans/pictures, very obvious in person...
[Image: DSCF8756.jpg]

2001 Quantum Leaf K-Mart Blaster Exclusive
I busted the heck out if 2000 Quantum Leaf hobby/retail (almost 2 full base sets... 350 cards... 4 cards/pack)... I planned to do the same in 2001, but the hobby price was too much for me... and the only place with blasters was K-Mart, which had a special non-foiled version. Wish i bought the blaster now, as these singles are IMPOSSIBLE. so happy I snagged the Marino on accident in a giant lot.
[Image: DSCF8760.jpg]
You should see some of the Rice ones...... They did a BANG up job for us Rice collectors in the 90's.

I had a thread about 3 of the cards.
(02-13-2012, 04:06 PM)younglover Wrote: Can you check for any Steve Ultras for me, too, please Smile
While you are add it. Check on Rice's Big Grin
Also reminds to post about my 2000 Topps find lol

Photobucket

(02-13-2012, 04:55 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: They are almost impossible to see to be honest. I have to look 3-4 times, and ask 3 other people if they saw the foil variant as well. The easiest way to tell is having a bunch of 1996 Ultra together. I know the LCS I go to have about 1500 cards from the 200 card set, so its easy to see the variants. The seem fairly common. LMK what # Jones is, and if I remember, will see if I can find some.
If you could help me with the 1996 Ultra, it would be appreciated. The Jets players are
#107 Hugh Douglas
#108 Boomer Esiason
#109 Aaron Glenn
#110 Mo Lewis
#111 Johnny Mitchell
#172 Keyshawn Johnson
#180 Kyle Brady
#183 Wayne Chrebet
also please find if possible
#022 Jeff Graham FA signing in 1996
#125 Neil O'Donnell FA signing in 1996
#094 Curtis Martin I collect his early Patriots cards also

1993 Bowman Marvin Jones, the card number is #315
Here is what I have
[Image: 1993JetsBowmanMarvinJones.jpg]

The first card looks very gold, the third card is green / purple like your purple Marino, the middle one is more top right green, more gold bottom left. A more green or a more purple would be appreciated. I'll happily pay for any of these variants you find as I don't know where else to find them. Thanks for your help.

That scan is horrible, I can't get it to color correct no matter what I do

Nice, im going to keep an eye open on those Ultra variants