`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want a Tebow auto!!!! what are my chances

RE: I want a Tebow auto!!!! what are my chances
I just looked at ebay. A Tebow contenders BGS 9.5 Auto sold for $247 on the 10th and $167 on the 11th. A 33% drop is a hefty price change within a 24 hr period.

Seems VERY volatile right now. With all the playoff "IMPULSE" buying going on. For people saying they ain't gonna drop is just silly. I am sure you will see 50% to 80% swings in his stuff over the next few months. Seems like they are going to be all over the place. Beckett value may remain stable and will probably rise, but actual sell value will drop...... like everything else.

Wait until the NBA Playoffs when all the flipsticks forget about football.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

For $25.....Man, I hope so! I doubt it though. They will still pull $65 plus.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

(01-12-2012, 12:28 AM)warcraftin Wrote: I just looked at ebay. A Tebow contenders BGS 9.5 Auto sold for $247 on the 10th and $167 on the 11th. A 33% drop is a hefty price change within a 24 hr period.

Seems VERY volatile right now. With all the playoff "IMPULSE" buying going on. For people saying they ain't gonna drop is just silly. I am sure you will see 50% to 80% swings in his stuff over the next few months. Seems like they are going to be all over the place. Beckett value may remain stable and will probably rise, but actual sell value will drop...... like everything else.

Wait until the NBA Playoffs when all the flipsticks forget about football.
Two points --

First, a 50% - 80% drop in Tebow's autos? No way. His fans are rabid. As was stated earlier... There will be a trafitional seasonal drop, but not much for his stuff.

Second, Tebow collectors don't give a #### about the NBA... even if it is the playoffs. Some might basketball as well as Tebow, but I guarantee you they won't abandon him in favor of the NBA.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(01-12-2012, 12:58 AM)all day baby Wrote: Two points --

First, a 50% - 80% drop in Tebow's autos? No way. His fans are rabid. As was stated earlier... There will be a trafitional seasonal drop, but not much for his stuff.

Second, Tebow collectors don't give a #### about the NBA... even if it is the playoffs. Some might basketball as well as Tebow, but I guarantee you they won't abandon him in favor of the NBA.
I think I agree with your two points to an extent. When I say 50% to 80% I mean off his 52 week highs for the 2011 NFL season. If you are talking 50% from his 52 week lows then I would agree. They won't drop 50% off of their 52 week lows for the 2011 season.

His daily fluctuation is 20% to 40% so just timing his cards in the day can save someone a nice chunk of change.....Don't buy on Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon. Try to find stuff ending on odd days at odd hours like Tue, Wed Thur during early am or late pm and your looking to save....

Unfortunately in this hobby there are alot and I mean "ALOT" of card shark flippers. They jump from one thing to another trying to make a buck off collectors. They create a very volatile market. Once the money from these people turns to the NBA and MLB then demand will drop. 2010 products still have readily available supply so this will allow "Real" collectors a more favorable market and price range for their cards. I don't believe the True Tebow collectors will abandon him but I do believe that at least 50% of his purchases come from flippers and Impulse buyers and that is the money that will disappear.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

*lose or *losing