`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is this a crazy idea? I've made a decision

RE: Is this a crazy idea?
(01-05-2012, 02:01 PM)keyser soze Wrote: I don't see the point in sinking your money and time into a project that will conclude with you having something that it, in essence, worthless. I guess the key is to pick a set or insert set that a) you like, and b) has some value on the secondary market, so that when you're finished with the thrill of the chase and the satisfaction of completing the sets has passed, you're left holding something that you can move and not lose your @$$ on. The mid- to late-90's had some AWESOME insert sets in all price ranges that would be fun to work on. I have always loved the 2000 SPx Signatures set, so I just started working on that one myself.
So silly that most folks now only think of resale values, book values, and future returns on their purchases. This is first and foremost a hobby that should be enjoyed. If you want to be a business man then get your briefcase and take the elevator to your cubicle on the 55th floor, if you want to enjoy the hobby then be a collector. When was the last time you heard a grandma say "I was going to stitch this quilt together, but I don't think I can get double my money back when I throw it up on ebay"

[Image: 374.gif][Image: 1337.gif]

RE: Is this a crazy idea? I've made a decision
So I was browsing dacardworld and looking through the various boxes of older products and was surprised by the affordability of most of them. With that being said I think I have picked out a few of the sets I want to build and complete, but I may wait to start on that project. I still have some other ones to work on first and I don't want to take on too much at one time. Thanks to everyone for your replies and suggestions.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Try the 1997 Fleer Diamond Tribute set... beautiful cards (sample below):

[Image: 1997FleerDiamondTribute.jpg]

(01-10-2012, 07:47 PM)markmulder20 Wrote: Try the 1997 Fleer Diamond Tribute set... beautiful cards (sample below):

[Image: 1997FleerDiamondTribute.jpg]
yea that is a nice set, as are many of the Ultra insert sets.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]