`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: I think I might just cry after hearing this...

OT: I think I might just cry after hearing this...
This is the worst part of sports IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82...me-vs-jets

Im sad!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: OT: I think I might just cry after hearing this...
Thats crazy, it doesn't seem like he has been around 15 years does it? Man how time flies
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(12-29-2011, 05:09 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: Thats crazy, it doesn't seem like he has been around 15 years does it? Man how time flies
Yet at the same time, it seems like he has been with the team so long, he IS the Dolphins.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

A legend for sure!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Yeah the worst part is so many people dont appreciate his career the way they really should. What hurt his legacy as well as Zach Thomas's legacy is the Phins have been terrible so they dont get many prime time games and are rarely mentioned on espn or other news outlets. All this talk about Clay matthews and D Ware and J Peppers is fine but JT is 6th all time with sacks and if he can get 2 this weekend he will tie Michael Strahan for 5th all time.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/history/leaders/_/stat/sacks

I really thought he was going to play AT LEAST 1 more year if not more so this caught me by surprise. I hate watching my favorite players retire. In a weird way its like a part of me retires with them. Marino darn near killed me lol. To be honest every time I watch a Phins game and the QB throws a incomplete pass or pick I say if only we had Marino, he wouldve made that pass lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Look at it this way...this probably puts a cap on the number of JT cards you have left to get! lol

Seriously though, he's been a class act guy and star player for a long time.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(12-29-2011, 05:27 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I hate watching my favorite players retire. In a weird way its like a part of me retires with them. Marino darn near killed me lol. To be honest every time I watch a Phins game and the QB throws a incomplete pass or pick I say if only we had Marino, he wouldve made that pass lol.
I know exactly what you mean Bakerman, I felt the same way when Emmitt retired and feel the same when I see another struggling running back for the Cowboys! If we only still had Emmitt!!!
I collect Emmitt Smith jersey and auto cards!!!

[Image: 128275960523260m.jpg]

My Lil Emmitt Smith PC - http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-899584.html

Well just an fyi since 2009 he has had only 13 cards released (none were in a phins uni) so actually I wish there were more to get lol.

I wonder if he is retiring because he wants to or the Phins told him they dont want him back next year and he doesnt want to play elsewhere. Just watching him play I think he some gas left in the tank.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

definitely losing a great future hof player with this news.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

It was sad to see but i'm just glad he is going out a Dolphin and not a Jet or Redskins player. Lets hope he can sack Sanchize at lease 2 times and he can tie Strahan.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn