`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: I think I might just cry after hearing this...

RE: OT: I think I might just cry after hearing this...
(12-29-2011, 05:37 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Look at it this way...this probably puts a cap on the number of JT cards you have left to get! lol

Seriously though, he's been a class act guy and star player for a long time.
Until UD starts releasing more college relic cards, Panini churns out Legends and Topps tosses out whatever retro cards they make! Smile

I feel ya on this one as well, Jim Kleinsasser is retiring after this year as well. He is'nt a HoFer like JT will be, but he is one of my favorite Vikings.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

I thought of you when I heard this the other day! It's a blessing to be able to play 15 years in the NFL tho, especially at that high of a level
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

(12-29-2011, 04:56 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: This is the worst part of sports IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82...me-vs-jets

Im sad!!!
I feel your pain. I was the same way the day Rice announced he was hanging up the Jersey....
(12-29-2011, 05:09 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: Thats crazy, it doesn't seem like he has been around 15 years does it? Man how time flies
I know right.........
15 years already... As IF I didn't feel old now......
(12-29-2011, 05:37 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Look at it this way...this probably puts a cap on the number of JT cards you have left to get! lol

Seriously though, he's been a class act guy and star player for a long time.
Oh don't think that. They do a lot of stuff for retired players......
The count may go down. But I doubt they will not make ANY more..

Just wait till he is HOF eligible. I say eligible because I think he will get in one day.

(12-29-2011, 06:41 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: I feel ya on this one as well, Jim Kleinsasser is retiring after this year as well. He is'nt a HoFer like JT will be, but he is one of my favorite Vikings.
I did not hear Jim Kleinsasser was retiring. Sorry man. Zach Thomas retired last year and JT is this year. The coolest thing I could think of is they both get elected the same year!!! I would have to go to Canton that year and witness that myself.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I hear ya bman! I cried everytime Favre retired! Wink
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(12-29-2011, 06:42 PM)dabears 1985 Wrote: I thought of you when I heard this the other day! It's a blessing to be able to play 15 years in the NFL tho, especially at that high of a level
Its cool that you thought of me hearing about JT lol. Yeah 15 years is along time but I really thought he wouldve played 20 with the shape he is in. It completely caught me by surprise but if the Phins add a few more pieces in the offseason especially someone like Peyton Id bet JT would come back. Its hard to leave the game when you havent won a championship. Plus he can still play.
(12-29-2011, 06:43 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: I feel your pain. I was the same way the day Rice announced he was hanging up the Jersey....

I know right.........
15 years already... As IF I didn't feel old now......

Oh don't think that. They do a lot of stuff for retired players......
The count may go down. But I doubt they will not make ANY more..

Just wait till he is HOF eligible. I say eligible because I think he will get in one day.
Since JT is on the defensive side of the ball there is a good chance he will make it in on the first ballot especially with all the off the field things he has done in the community. Who knows though. Cris Carter is still waiting to get in which is crazy!!!
(12-29-2011, 09:30 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: I hear ya bman! I cried everytime Favre retired! Wink
HAHA LOL. That is hilarious. The Bears shouldve brought Favre in to save our season. Once Cutler went down it was all over.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

LOLOL!!! It was an emotional roller coaster, lol.

He retires.... Im sad... He comes back.... Im happy.... He retires again.... Im sad again..... He comes back again.... Im happy again..... He retires again..... I cry again...... He comes back again..... YEAH BUDDY..... and so on and so on and so on, lol
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

sorry to hear, but he had a good career Smile at least he knows when it's time for him to ride into the sunset Smile to many players try to keep going (due to egos etc) and end up getting hurt, or just not being able to perform at the level they need to.

Reminds me alot of when Robert Smith gave his retirement speech after having the best year of his career despite losing to the Falcons in the NFC championship game.

'I'd rather walk away two years too early, than limp away two years too late'