`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish book price meant something

Wish book price meant something
I am currently pricing out my Refractor collection and im only about 100 or so cards in and its over $1000. I wish they were actually worth that! Good thing I only collect those to keep em ha. If only there wasnt ebay maybe they would be worth that!
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: Wish book price meant something
Ebay just made things easier to get doesnt mean that the cards can be duplicated. The hobby is just a nich hobby anymore.

I feel ya on that

(12-27-2011, 10:07 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I am currently pricing out my Refractor collection and im only about 100 or so cards in and its over $1000. I wish they were actually worth that! Good thing I only collect those to keep em ha. If only there wasnt ebay maybe they would be worth that!

Ebay definitley ruined the values of cards , ya it made it easier to get cards but it didnt protect the values in the process.
Looking for Magic the Gathering - Battle for Zendikar - FOILS only !!!
if your willing to trade send me a mesage of what u have that i need ..
also have some sports cards as well i can offer in return if need be ..

(12-27-2011, 10:09 PM)kbfullerr Wrote: Ebay just made things easier to get doesnt mean that the cards can be duplicated. The hobby is just a nich hobby anymore.
It made everything easier to get...so yeah it makes everythings market value less. I have a strong hatred for Ebay and it has affected every single industry...it just hit the Hobby businesses most.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Book price does mean something - It means "Oh man I got this $100 card off ebay for $10!!!"
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(12-27-2011, 10:16 PM)branesergen Wrote: Book price does mean something - It means "Oh man I got this $100 card off ebay for $10!!!"
No it means i got this $100 card for $10 and then if i want to trade or sell it means people say u got it for $10 so thats all its worth now.. which means ebay destroyed the card markets value .
Looking for Magic the Gathering - Battle for Zendikar - FOILS only !!!
if your willing to trade send me a mesage of what u have that i need ..
also have some sports cards as well i can offer in return if need be ..

BV: $1000 you say??? Worth $100 to $150...Wink
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(12-27-2011, 10:21 PM)2tradeornot2trade Wrote: No it means i got this $100 card for $10 and then if i want to trade or sell it means people say u got it for $10 so thats all its worth now.. which means ebay destroyed the card markets value .
I disagree. Ebay did not kill the market value no more than walmart killed the value of beans. Where I place blame is on Becketts failure to realize that ebay is part of the market. And also peoples failure to realize that ebay is wholesale and BV is retail pricing. If a cards print run is /100 and you can assume 50% have been pulled from packs (50 cards) and 25 of those have been sold on ebay for $10 you cant tell me that the other 25 have sold for $100 to give Beckett a market BV of $100 for the card. If the other 25 have sold at shops, shows, flea markets or any other type of retail location for $25 then the corrected BV should read $25 not $100. When I pull a card that has a $100 BV on it I instantly tell people when asked its worth "It books for $100 but its probably only worth $10-$15" because a cards true worth is what someone else will pay for it. If a card sits there for a year trying to be sold for $100 and no one buys it obviously its not worth $100. Only thing I believe ebay did was take a local market and make it global for everyone thus killing the local market. Combine that with outrageous box prices, sub par hits and its no wonder brick and mortar places rarely exist now. A shop cant pay its bills buying $200 boxes of cards only to be able to make $100 off them.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(12-27-2011, 10:39 PM)branesergen Wrote: I disagree. Ebay did not kill the market value no more than walmart killed the value of beans. Where I place blame is on Becketts failure to realize that ebay is part of the market. And also peoples failure to realize that ebay is wholesale and BV is retail pricing. If a cards print run is /100 and you can assume 50% have been pulled from packs (50 cards) and 25 of those have been sold on ebay for $10 you cant tell me that the other 25 have sold for $100 to give Beckett a market BV of $100 for the card. If the other 25 have sold at shops, shows, flea markets or any other type of retail location for $25 then the corrected BV should read $25 not $100. When I pull a card that has a $100 BV on it I instantly tell people when asked its worth "It books for $100 but its probably only worth $10-$15" because a cards true worth is what someone else will pay for it. If a card sits there for a year trying to be sold for $100 and no one buys it obviously its not worth $100. Only thing I believe ebay did was take a local market and make it global for everyone thus killing the local market. Combine that with outrageous box prices, sub par hits and its no wonder brick and mortar places rarely exist now. A shop cant pay its bills buying $200 boxes of cards only to be able to make $100 off them.
Wow!!! I agree with this theory 100%!!! well written buddy!!!

JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin