`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret Santa

Secret Santa
I saw a post in the Hockey section that indicated there was a secret santa exchange. Is this just for Hockey? With an active trading community here, I am surprised this is not established for baseball trading fans. When I owned my sporting goods store, the softball community had a great set up on their board for this. I would love to participate, and even run this if necessary. Feedback?
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

RE: Secret Santa
Im in if we can get enough people.

I'm down for it. Maybe we can send to someone we already had a trade with. That way we already have an address. Or everyone posts in a thread there name and team/player likes. And then you can look through the list and see if you have traded with them before and then you would have an address to ship too. Then somehow get there name erased from the list. Maybe pm the op and tell them that you want so and so. Just some ideas, but I'm in for sure. And maybe make it a limit on card value, say 20 bv not all commons.

I'm in for it. I actually do this with the youtube community of guys who do cards and trading.
I don't think i'd do a limit. I say just do whatever you can. I'm happy to give and receive no matter what. Its the thought that counts. I try to send a pc card if I can or atleast the team they love. Wether its base,inserts,etc. I think its really cool. Truth be told I already had plans with a few fellas ive dealt with Smile
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(12-12-2011, 03:45 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: I'm down for it. Maybe we can send to someone we already had a trade with. That way we already have an address. Or everyone posts in a thread there name and team/player likes. And then you can look through the list and see if you have traded with them before and then you would have an address to ship too. Then somehow get there name erased from the list. Maybe pm the op and tell them that you want so and so. Just some ideas, but I'm in for sure. And maybe make it a limit on card value, say 20 bv not all commons.
If we get enough interest, I will volunteer to run this. Even though I am new to this community, I have some experience with this kind of thing. We can esablish/vote on as many details we like, including minimum values and even trading requirements if necessary. (if someone doesn't meet the trading minimums, then they would have to be nominated by another board member who would vouge for them) The key is that EVERYONE participates. If I, for example, were the moderator of the exchange, everyone would send me an email with their mailing information and specific interests (teams/players/etc). Then I would use random.org to pick your secret santa, and send an email out with what they would like, then it would be up to you to send whatever you would like. The nice thing is it doesn't have to be just cards. It could be memoribillia, collectibles, or whatever of the player/team desired, and as long as it equaled a total MINIMUM value required we it would be good. We could establish a donation fund in the unfortunate event that someone decides not to send out their gift to their assigned secret santa. (Which did happen unfortunatley) And had plenty of people donate to those unfortunate members. I have plenty of ideas and base information/structure we can use.

You the boss! Set it upSmile

I would most likely take part in this, good idea
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

im down let me know when its set up
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

Here is a simple Q/A from my old board:

Q. What is the Secret Santa Gift Exchange?
A. Its a fun program we run every year where participants are paired with another members and send items as a gift and in return are sent a gift by another random member.

Q. How much do I need to send?
A. This year there is a minimum of $50, however there is no maximum to what you can send, the avg would be around $100.

Q. Can I participate?
A. If the following requirements are met, Yes!
1. You must be a SBF forum member
2. you must have at least 10 positive references from this forum (eBay refs not accepted)
3. If you have had a slow or bad deal in the past you will not be eligible
3. You must have a valid address and phone number
4. You must be able to send a gift of at least $50 in value.
5. If you participated last year you are automatically eligible
6. You MUST be able to ship your item by Dec 21st for it to be there by Dec 23rd

Q. How do I know who I have and who has me?
A. On or around Novemeber 5th I will randomly assign members names and send emails out to everyone with who they are buying for. You will not know who has you until you get your items or they may remain secret.

Q. I live in Canada can I participate?
A. Yes!

Q. How to I get involved?
A. See the signup thread that is also a sticky to signup.

Q. I got my package now what?
A. Post in the What did you get thread for everyone to envy and so that I can keep track of who has and has not received their package.

We can munipulate this data anyway we want!

Count me in
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]