`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collecting Sleeper of 2011-12 season

RE: Collecting Sleeper of 2011-12 season
i dont really see how rubio will hurt the Twolves defense, considering they barely have a defense...he'll probably be their best defensive player. his D may be a tad overrated but he still won defensive player of the year in spanish league in 09 and will be a huge upgrade for them at PG he could have insane stats with the offensive talent around him...think of the assists to klove...derrick williams....beasley...he's going to put up defensive numbers too he'll probably lead all 'rookies' if you can call him that in steals...
and p.s. a lot of us knicks fans already payed a lot for gallo...he might have had his peak wearing the orange and blue...
Collecting KNICKS and IMAN SHUMPERT super collecting
Frazier lettermans from the ALL TIME GREATS
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba

(12-05-2011, 04:39 PM)got watcha want Wrote: As an OKC collector, I have seen Harden's values rise to their peak already, IMO his secret is out and he won't be anything but a third scoring option unless Westbrook leaves or plays more as a traditional PG.

I think Rubio is overrated, and will hurt his team defensively more than he helps offensively, IMO.

Jonas Jerbko, not on that team. Greg Monroe will see a rise in demand, IMO.

I like Henderson and Hayward for their potential to rise in demand.

John Wall and Steph Curry are more capable than what they have done so far. The prices and demand may not go up much more because they are high already.

Here below is a short list of the guys that I think are a steal right now and could flourish in the league this year and see a considerable jump in cardboard prices at the same time.

Gary Neal
Danilo Gallinari
Demar DeRozan
Jeff Teague
Just pulled a Jeff Teague RC-year auto, so I hope you're right!!

I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(12-05-2011, 04:39 PM)got watcha want Wrote: Greg Monroe will see a rise in demand, IMO.
I read an article a while back where they had 5 espn writers predict who would be the top three sophmore players this season, of course everyone had Griffin as Number one but one of them pick monroe as his second choice, he'll be putting up stud numbers before the season is over

Rubio will be good, but the thread suggests a rise in prices (looking for a steal).

His prices are inflated and have been. He will need a Blake Griffin style breakout year, not just lead the rookies in steals.

Have you seen the guys frame? He will need to put some weight on to be a premier PG in this league. Will he contain guys like Rose and Westbrook, a player like Darren Collison will have him beat by 50 lbs. Basically he needs what the players call "strengff".

This kid is still very young and has time and potential to develop into something big, just not this season.

If he leads the league (not just RCs) in steals and in assists, or if he puts up enough triple doubles there will be a rise in his card prices. That is possible, just not as likely as the other guys I mentioned.

All of this is my opinion and I could be way way off. Players surprise me all the time, but the carboard market is slow to adjust to guys when they start high like Rubio did.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Funny thing, I got my Dime Magazine when I got home and it had the top 25 players that could breakout this season. Some where from high scholl and college, but the NBA players (going from memory) #19 Gerald Henderson!!!!! then Harden was a little later, then #1 was John Wall. Just thought it was kind of relavent.

im going with hassan whiteside being i am a kings fan

For the Spurs: I think Gary Neal could be big (that's why they traded away George Hill, and Parker has only a few years left in him, so he could be the Spurs future starter) and so could Tiago Splitter (which he was the Spanish League 2010 MVP, and 2010 Finals MVP). I'm not sure about James Anderson, but he is a offensive threat, but injuries held him back his rookie season.

[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

I am not holding my breathe for Splinter, Neal will be great in that system.

For Splinter and Rubio I doubt that those guys "Spainish" success translates to the same in the NBA.

Tiago didn't have a great NBA rookie campaign after winning the Spainish MVP accolades. Rubio didn't even start in the playoffs last year, even after he was declared healthy and getting burn time off the bench.

The foreign competition for these players is not anywhere near the NBA level. I will just say that I am a doubter not a hater. I was rooting for Tiago as a breakout rookie last year and was not pleased with the results.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....

(12-06-2011, 06:02 PM)got watcha want Wrote: I am not holding my breathe for Splinter, Neal will be great in that system.

For Splinter and Rubio I doubt that those guys "Spainish" success translates to the same in the NBA.

Tiago didn't have a great NBA rookie campaign after winning the Spainish MVP accolades. Rubio didn't even start in the playoffs last year, even after he was declared healthy and getting burn time off the bench.

The foreign competition for these players is not anywhere near the NBA level. I will just say that I am a doubter not a hater. I was rooting for Tiago as a breakout rookie last year and was not pleased with the results.
I would give these foreign players a year or so more. Look at players like Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and Luis Scola (just to name a few) that really had good season after their rookie season. I think they need time to adjust to the NBA style of play and then we can see what kind of players they really are.
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, and Luis Scola improved greatly in their second season. Maybe I should pick up som Splinter stuff along with some Neal cards.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....