`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini is a straight joke, I am done...

RE: Panini is a straight joke, I am done...
Does Panini read the forums? Has someone posted this on their twitter or facebook accounts?

Maybe we should hold an "occupy Panini" protest. Because there's a 1% change you'll get the redeemed card you pulled and a 99% chance you'll pull a redemption!

When I said "contest" I was referring to the fact that I am quite sure that redemptions in any form are regulated. It is a form of lottery. That is why redemption cards have to have an expiration date. Beside the fact that companies say they can't store cards forever. I think they can but don't want to. Let me say, I hate redemption cards. But I rather have a chance of getting a players autograph then that player not being in a set. I look at my PC. Most of Harry Douglas cards were redemptions. Out of a hundered cards, I would say ninety were redemptions. Should the companies just alleviate that player from all sets? It seems like there are so many collectors with so many different wants. I mean, I have a Gale Sayers card coming in, in the next few days that was a redemption. I rather have that then he not be included in that set. We as collects have to except that we will have redemptions. If we don't like them, we need to tell the compainies.

(12-01-2011, 05:23 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: I don't believe that redemptions are a contest. They are a commitment from the company to get that item at a later date, within 4-8 months as stated in the options on how long you are willing to wait. There is no chance involved with who you get on the redemption, it is stated on the card, so there is no contest. The only thing that would make it a contest is the "replacement" aspect of the redemption card. So if the company did what they are supposed to, then there would be no replacements, so no contest, so redemptions would not be classified as such. (Fictional example) The 2005 boxes are very expensive because Aaron Rodgers cards are possible hits, but if they are redemptions, you will not get the card as it is Expired. The company sold the product to dealers and collectors at a high price with the understanding that Aaron Rodgers signatures were possible among other rookies. So the company is using false advertising to sell products, as they don't hold the items advertised on the checklist. It doesn't say on the checklist that the card is a redemption, nor does it say that the card is a redemption in Beckett after a certain number of years. I don't think players are that hard to find. I know where they are for 16 Sundays, and multiple weeks during training camps. Card companies have enough $ to send a representative to the facility and get the items signed.

You my friend are 100% right.

(12-01-2011, 05:45 PM)gangstippie Wrote: Does Panini read the forums? Has someone posted this on their twitter or facebook accounts?

Maybe we should hold an "occupy Panini" protest. Because there's a 1% change you'll get the redeemed card you pulled and a 99% chance you'll pull a redemption!
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

My biggest problem with Panini and sometimes Topps is this. They release a new product which have sticker auto's (no redemptions), but the redemption I am waiting on (of that same player) has a sticker auto. Why release new products with his auto when I am waiting 4 months for his auto? It seems like "screw the customers who already gave us their money and let's give the people purchasing new products his auto. They already paid so they can wait." Kinda pisses me off, why would you put auto's of players out when you already owe 300+ to collector's from past set's???? That too me is very disrespectful to me as a collector. I get to see all the new stuff coming out with his auto when I am still waiting on my redemption. They shouldnt put new auto's out until all of the redemptions are filled.
[Image: jpcisco.jpg]

Collecting: Jake Locker,Sam Bradford, Colt Mccoy, Eric Berry, Jason Witten, Luke Stocker, Denarius Moore, Austin Pettis, Lance Kendricks, Greg Salas, Robert Quinn and anything that catches my eye!

I get where your coming from bought a box of gridiron gear got half the hits 1 auto and 1 jersey of the 4 supposed to be in there, if i didn't need a reason to quit this hobby . i got it today

That sucks. I have the same luck. I usually buy $200 worth of boxes a year and the rest singles
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

Video Panini put up today - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHLsPkTHnP8&t=2m7s

"Looks like some Gold Standard that still needs to go out, perhaps"

If it makes you feel better, I stopped buying boxes from them in MARCH when they didn't send me my redemptions (I selected 4 month replacement and did 2 followups STILL nothing)...I give in a buy a tin of Timeless Treasures...guess what i got?!?!?! Tongue
(12-03-2011, 03:35 AM)Scratchii Wrote: Video Panini put up today - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHLsPkTHnP8&t=2m7s

"Looks like some Gold Standard that still needs to go out, perhaps"
how bout we get off our fat slim jim eating *insert explicative here* and fulfill our redemptions! Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I haven't had the money to spend on boxes but i won't purchase anything Panini this year,unless Contenders doesn't have redemptions.I always liked Panini's products but this year is the worst i've seen so far.Everything looks like a cross between previous years and the design almost every product this year has.

They have already made 9 different products this year with 5-? more to go and NT isn't listed yet so who knows how much more they are gonna produce.Topps has done 8 products with 5-? left but 5 Star is already listed so it may only be 5.Looks like roughly the same amount of product,wonder how much boxes and cases are worth after release week?

Just to use one online retailer as a example it looks like everything Panini has put out drops $15-25/box within a few weeks.Elite and Crown has only dropped about $10 below presale/first week.Prestige,R&S,& Timeless Treasures have dropped $30. Topps on the other hand has only had two products drop below presale/first week,Legends by about $5 and Rising Rookies which has dropped $15.Inception,base,Finest,& Prime has went up $5-10 since they came out.Platinum went from $80 at presale to $100 within a few weeks and is stuck around $150 now,Chrome was $65 presale and has bounced between $95-120 over the last several weeks.

Looks like its easy to tell which company puts out stuff that holds some value and who the people are backing this year.There is no way Panini can't notice whats happening on the secondary market either,most of their cards sell for a lot lower than a equal card from Topps.

I wonder if those Superbowl cards were gonna be for another product but Panini decided to do the Black Friday packs to move all the junk they still have in stock?
Thanks Ironman71635
[Image: hillis.jpg]
I collect Felix Jones,Darren Mcfadden,D.J. Williams (Arkansas TE),Ryan Mallett,and Mike Alstott. Peyton Hillis Super-collector 273/375 73% complete and looking for more.

my $.02 on this Wink

first off all companies have redemption's at some point, getting the players to send in their autos can be quite taxing at times ..... I have had a few conversations with all the manufacturers on this and between just plain "laziness" and "egos" getting autographs can be quite the chore Sad

One company I spoke with had a player ask for 4X what they were paying the year prior because his team won a championship the year before, even though he was a "benchwarmer" for most of that season ..... they had to put his autos into the redemption pile since they had committed to print, but were still in negotiations months later Sad

As for companies and their turnaround time well I'll definitely stand by Panini on this one ..... every redemption we've had (expired or not) has been returned to us within their time frame while ..... Upper Deck "mailed" us this past Thursday (so they claim) redemption's of cards we sent back in June ..... these cards were IN STOCK !!!

They were not waiting for autographs, stickers, or anything else.

I spoke with their reps multiple times (probably 100+ calls) and they told me over and over that they had our cards but were just too "busy" to get them out to us ...... soooooooooo Upper Deck will never get any of our money EVER again over this fiasco PERIOD !!!

pbean

(12-03-2011, 08:55 AM)pbean Wrote: my $.02 on this Wink

first off all companies have redemption's at some point, getting the players to send in their autos can be quite taxing at times ..... I have had a few conversations with all the manufacturers on this and between just plain "laziness" and "egos" getting autographs can be quite the chore Sad

One company I spoke with had a player ask for 4X what they were paying the year prior because his team won a championship the year before, even though he was a "benchwarmer" for most of that season ..... they had to put his autos into the redemption pile since they had committed to print, but were still in negotiations months later Sad

As for companies and their turnaround time well I'll definitely stand by Panini on this one ..... every redemption we've had (expired or not) has been returned to us within their time frame while ..... Upper Deck "mailed" us this past Thursday (so they claim) redemption's of cards we sent back in June ..... these cards were IN STOCK !!!

They were not waiting for autographs, stickers, or anything else.

I spoke with their reps multiple times (probably 100+ calls) and they told me over and over that they had our cards but were just too "busy" to get them out to us ...... soooooooooo Upper Deck will never get any of our money EVER again over this fiasco PERIOD !!!

pbean
I call you a lucky duck sir lol. I submitted redemptions to panini in March (9 months ago) requesting 4 month replacements. After 10 calls and several "follow up posts" I have yet to receive a thing.

Behavior like this is why they're a joke. I don't care that they have redemptions, I understand that, but when you refuse/make it difficult/impossible to help your customer, then I'll spend my money elsewhere.

There, I feel better Tongue

[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75