`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
OT: The Post Office and the Future of the Trading World

RE: OT: The Post Office and the Future of the Trading World
First Im the one who brought up the military, cops and firefighters but I never said postal service workers were on the same level. All I said we thank the military every chance we get which is a good thing and never appreciate the work that the postal service does for us. Then when so many are bashing the USPS and are saying good riddance and they suck idk that bothers me.

In the end I hope the USPS sticks around for a long time because I can mail a letter anywhere in the USA for only $0.44. I cant argue with that. lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(11-17-2011, 12:15 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: First Im the one who brought up the military, cops and firefighters but I never said postal service workers were on the same level. All I said we thank the military every chance we get which is a good thing and never appreciate the work that the postal service does for us. Then when so many are bashing the USPS and are saying good riddance and they suck idk that bothers me.

In the end I hope the USPS sticks around for a long time because I can mail a letter anywhere in the USA for only $0.44. I cant argue with that. lol.
I am by no means saying we shouldnt thank our Military,Police,Fire,Postal,EMT,Teachers anything along those lines.
But we all play a part in this World...we need our Factory workers,We need fast food workers,we need gas station attendants,Librarians,Doctors...you name it.

But this is a free country......and you work the job you do bc you chose to do so.
The bottom line of it all...is that EVERYBODY plays an important roll...and we need people working every type of job to live the lifestyles that we live.

(11-16-2011, 11:32 PM)all day baby Wrote: Lemme 'splain... My brother worked for the post office for over 30 yrs. That was one position in his office that didn't change in 30+ years. There was no need to hire anyone for that position until he retired this past year. He was a veteran of the Viet Nam War. There are other veterans in the same post office, and they, too, usually hold jobs for more than one year. No need to hire anyone for those positions for those years either. Since there are so few open positions, and the fact veterans get preferential hiring treatment, the post offices are typically full of veterans.

Additionally, as I mentioned above, veterans get a 10% bonus, so while I scored high on my test, I was in direct compition with people who scores 10% less than I did. And the USPS will hire a vet that scored 85% (plus their 10% bonus) over a civilian who scored 95%.

Finally, 17000 IS 90% of 18889, and I am willing to bet there were not that many openings in the USPS nationwide. Truth be told, I could sit here and show you how the numbers you are using have nothing to do with the point you are making, but since you don't understand WHY it is wrong, I can't correct you. Basically, hired workers stay in their job for a LOOOOOONG time. No need to hire that many. A post office might have 5 openings, and let's say 4/5 are vets. If the still working members of that post office are 86/95 vets/civilians, that is 90% vets when all is said and done.
REALLY? Where the heck are you getting 17000 out of 18889? The raw data he gave is total workforce, and total vets employed. Not sure how that data can be taken any other way? You said nothing about new hires, you said 90% of the workforce is ex-military, which is flat out incorrect.

Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

come on guys, can't we all just get along??? Smile please let this insignificant thread DIE...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(11-17-2011, 11:43 AM)superynaldo Wrote: come on guys, can't we all just get along??? Smile please let this insignificant thread DIE...
how about we talk about sports cards haha
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(11-17-2011, 11:50 AM)chads-cards Wrote: how about we talk about sports cards haha
Wow!!! What a great idea!!! Actually discuss sports cards... Sounds great!!!

(11-17-2011, 12:19 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Wow!!! What a great idea!!! Actually discuss sports cards... Sounds great!!!
yeah who would have thought a sports card forum would have sports card talk?
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I know, I know... let's talk about the great holiday shopping day Black Friday!!!Smile what a JOKE...

Sticky this beast!
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

No one ever pays me in gum...
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]