`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overpriced LCS

RE: Overpriced LCS
(11-12-2011, 12:47 AM)chads-cards Wrote: As soon as you have been in the store for more than 30 seconds or so we will greet you and ask what you are looking for...unless we are on the phone then you will most likely just get a hello wave. But I would say the majority of our customers will come back after being their once.
Sounds like a cool shop to visit. Keep up the good work.

(11-12-2011, 12:50 AM)juda7 Wrote: Sounds like a cool shop to visit. Keep up the good work.
I personally am not happy with our current locations...I grew up in the shop and loved the 2nd location we had...we were there for around 10 years. Then we moved into a massive 3000 square foot shop ( It was pretty crazy), but didnt have that cardshop feel because it was so large...we are in a 1000 square foot location now and its making due...we need atleast 500 square foot for our supplies and they only get around 300 since we are in a smaller shop now. BUt yeah if your ever in pittsburgh stop by
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

My lcs is the bomb. The guys shop is a mess but I love it! I could spend a week in there and not see everything. His prices are very competitive on new products, he special orders for me and charges me a small premium. He is always wheeling and dealing some odd stuff and gives me first crack at a lot of things since I am a regular. Grand slam in chagrin.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

You could spend $ 100,000.00 easy today to open a Card Store. I spent $10,00.00 just for my purchases in 1989 and 1990. I try to save a few boxes every year in case I open a store. I've had an in-door Flea Market spot for over 10 years

(11-16-2011, 09:14 PM)gosports1 Wrote: You could spend $ 100,000.00 easy today to open a Card Store. I spent $10,00.00 just for my purchases in 1989 and 1990. I try to save a few boxes every year in case I open a store. I've had an in-door Flea Market spot for over 10 years
gotta watch with redemptions...and we are thinking of expanding shortly

(11-12-2011, 12:53 AM)chads-cards Wrote: if your ever in pittsburgh stop by
I live in Plum where is your store at?
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

(11-17-2011, 11:40 AM)86champs Wrote: I live in Plum where is your store at?
IN the North Hills on Route 19

(11-17-2011, 11:52 AM)chads-cards Wrote: IN the North Hills on Route 19
Awesome I knew some where out that way but never stopped. I'll have to swing by sometime. Send me a PM of the name and website of your store.
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

(11-17-2011, 11:56 AM)86champs Wrote: Awesome I knew some where out that way but never stopped. I'll have to swing by sometime. Send me a PM of the name and website of your store.
PM sent

the LCS that i go to tends to check on internet prices...and she uses "replacement" cost to determine what price to charge. very rarely is it sold based upon just a standard mark up if it came straight from the factory or distributor. that being said, i do like the fact that she'll let me know if a case chase has come out. if packs are put out, she'll also let me know if there are still any auto or memorabilia cards left in it based on what was already pulled. very rarely will she keep an item out if the box or case chase has already been pulled. so in that respect, that is why i still go there.