`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overpriced LCS

RE: Overpriced LCS
I live on the southside of Atlanta and there isn't a LCS within an 45 min. to 1 hr. drive from me in any direction. The main place to purchase stuff is a large flea market about 30 min. south of me and even then there are only a couple of guys who set up. Outside of that it's Walmart or Target really no chance at anything Hobby in my area.

I know there is the Atlanta Sports Card website that advertises on here but they are north of town which is just too far to drive.

Blowout cards is 25 min away with traffic and they will not sell out of the warehouse, otherwise, they are brick and mortar and taxes and such..
i have asked if they would let my pick up, save on shipping for them etc and it is always NO!!

So Atlantic Sports Cards may be the same way

I love this constant complaint about how someones LCS charges more than buying on the internet, they don't seem to take into account, that when you buy on the internet, you also have to pay a shipping and handling fee, which comes out to about $8.50 to $30 a box, they also don't take into acccount that when you go to an LCS, you don't have to wait 4 or 5 days to open a pack, you can do it right there immediately.

I can say this with an almost guarantee, that if you frequent and LCS, and you buy $50 or more of stuff every time you go in there, they are going to cut you a break on the price, and not only that I know a lot of LCS owners That go out of their way to help their good customers obtain special cards they are looking for, players, team, help fill want list, etc..., and even credit for store purchases if they didn't have enough money to pay for the items they wanted. just on a hand shake and a Thank you.

Does dacardworld do that? blowout? Atlanta Sportscards? pretty sure they don't know much how much you buy.

Instead of complaining about your local LCS, support it more, I guarantee your getting better service, as well as a better experience then you will ever get buying from one of the online stores.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Good points..but:
"buying on the internet, they don't seem to take into account, that when you buy on the internet, you also have to pay a shipping and handling fee, which comes out to about $8.50 to $30 a box, they also don't take into acccount that when you go to an LCS, you don't have to wait 4 or 5 days to open a pack, you can do it right there immediately."

DaCard world is free shipping for me and 2 day delivery..and Brad helps me and holds odd boxes for me..
I am a premier customer though..

Next:
"that if you frequent and LCS, and you buy $50 or more of stuff every time you go in there, they are going to cut you a break on the price, and not only that I know a lot of LCS owners That go out of their way to help their good customers obtain special cards they are looking for, players, team, help fill want list"
Agreed, but if there is nothing to buy except 2 year old product or loose packs, you are not going to spend $50. Agreed, my last LCS would hold cards for me etc...now, they do not even acknowledge I am in the store and I have visited 3 times in 6 months.

Finally, "Instead of complaining about your local LCS, support it more, I guarantee your getting better service, as well as a better experience then you will ever get buying from one of the online stores."
Answer for me: I will not support a store that has nothing to offer, has nothing to do with me and does not seem to care one way of another.

So even though it may sound like complaining, it is really just an observation: stores are not what they used to be..they have no heart, lost it the last decade.

(11-10-2011, 07:13 PM)shezdoni Wrote: I love this constant complaint about how someones LCS charges more than buying on the internet, they don't seem to take into account, that when you buy on the internet, you also have to pay a shipping and handling fee, which comes out to about $8.50 to $30 a box, they also don't take into acccount that when you go to an LCS, you don't have to wait 4 or 5 days to open a pack, you can do it right there immediately.

I can say this with an almost guarantee, that if you frequent and LCS, and you buy $50 or more of stuff every time you go in there, they are going to cut you a break on the price, and not only that I know a lot of LCS owners That go out of their way to help their good customers obtain special cards they are looking for, players, team, help fill want list, etc..., and even credit for store purchases if they didn't have enough money to pay for the items they wanted. just on a hand shake and a Thank you.

Does dacardworld do that? blowout? Atlanta Sportscards? pretty sure they don't know much how much you buy.

Instead of complaining about your local LCS, support it more, I guarantee your getting better service, as well as a better experience then you will ever get buying from one of the online stores.
Well said and people like you are why there is still a hobby. I can say my dad and I do exactly what you said...even on people who dont ask for discounts they get it. We give away alot of packs to kids too. I dont think wax should be aloud to be sold online at all.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Speaking of dacardworld, they are about 40 minutes away. I'm going to hit them up next weekend to see what they have

You don't have to pay shipping at your LCS but you have to pay tax, which is about as much as shipping, more if you're buying expensive product. And it's ridiculous to assume that all LCS will give you a break on prices. Most do, but as with any business some people are tight-wads and unfriendly. I'm fortunate to have a great one but others don't, and if I had only one store that charged too much and didn't seem to care about the customers, I'd be buying online.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

For those who are in the Card Shop business or knows someone close who is about what would you say is the minimum amount it would cost to get one started up ?

(11-10-2011, 08:22 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: For those who are in the Card Shop business or knows someone close who is about what would you say is the minimum amount it would cost to get one started up ?
to have a decent inventory of wax and cards 100k minimum...we spend 25k like its nothing on new product...plus you have to buy displays and then supply inventory. We have been in business around 20 years now so we got alot of our displays cheap back in the day and we have around 10 million card+ inventory
(11-10-2011, 09:04 PM)chads-cards Wrote: to have a decent inventory of wax and cards 100k minimum...we spend 25k like its nothing on new product...plus you have to buy displays and then supply inventory. We have been in business around 20 years now so we got alot of our displays cheap back in the day and we have around 10 million card+ inventory
but if you just wanted to start off with a little shop with a couple cases and your own cards as inventory probably around 25k...but you wouldnt have much product.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I agree it's good to support the local business owners, but I also have to consider my own pockets and money situation. If I can get something cheaper online over the LCS, I have to do it. I'm not blessed with riches enough to be able to spend the extra money at the LCS. I also dont bust wax, and it's alot cheaper online to get the singles I need.