`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
For all those bashing Jose Reyes please read this...

RE: For all those bashing Jose Reyes please read this...
(09-29-2011, 01:57 PM)captdolo Wrote: Please read what wrote.. I said you can bash for what he did to the fans, but not for the batting title. MLB requires you to have 502 ABs Reyes was well over that.

When Willaims batted .406 he ad only 456 ABs...these days he would not even register as eligable
Didn't they play fewer games back than? Possible reason for the fewer at bats, maybe?

(09-29-2011, 02:19 PM)captdolo Wrote: Oh Nolan Ryan was a Saint... well known for scuffing baseballs!! At least Reyes didn't try to alter the game being played
I don't believe you.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-29-2011, 02:44 PM)dkotart Wrote: Didn't they play fewer games back than? Possible reason for the fewer at bats, maybe?
He had 147 walks that year.

(09-29-2011, 02:19 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: no offense, who if you hadnt even heard of him, to call him a cheater is way over the line. fairly judgmental coming from a follower of Christ. the whole "let he without sin cast the first stone" and all

and how the hell does someone not hear of jose reyes? only been in the league for a decade, was for much of the season the leading mvp candidate
please reread.

I'm going to sit out of this conversation to preserve my perfect optimistic outlook towards baseball related arguments.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

(09-29-2011, 02:19 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: no offense, who if you hadnt even heard of him, to call him a cheater is way over the line. fairly judgmental coming from a follower of Christ. the whole "let he without sin cast the first stone" and all

and how the hell does someone not hear of jose reyes? only been in the league for a decade, was for much of the season the leading mvp candidate
You're right, I'm a sinner!!

(09-29-2011, 03:06 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: You're right, I'm a sinner!!
and you know who does the judging in your belief system. in short - not you. but you declared the man a cheater without even a hint of who he was

(09-29-2011, 03:10 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: and you know who does the judging in your belief system. in short - not you. but you declared the man a cheater without even a hint of who he was
Yes, I know I don't judge myself. GOD judges the world. Even if you don't believe it, it's still going to happen. I thought we're not supposed to talk religion on here. You were the one to bring it up, not me. I'm just trying to abide by the TOS, even though I don't agree with them. I belive that I'm supposed to share my Testimony with the eBay & Beckett communities.

I guess that you accidently missed my earlier post asking you to please reread what I said.

I ddnt even read the list cuz it dsnt matter. I dnt care who did it before him, it was gutless and embarrassing and im tired of watching this crap all the time with this team

(09-29-2011, 01:32 PM)captdolo Wrote: And I AM SICK of this Ted Williams comparison.... It is a fact that Ted Williams never took an at bat where his .400 BA was on the line!!!!!

1)He went in to the game batting .3999XXXX.. which is not .400
2)After his first at bat he got a hit that got him to 401XXX
3)If he then went 1/2 he would still be above .400.. so his next at bat did not put .400 in jeopardy
4)He ended up going 2 for 2 and them 3 for 3 and finished game 1 of the double header 4 for 6..the .400 number was never in danger from a single at bat
5)After that .400 was a lock so could play Game 2 care free and got 2 more hits. I am sure he was sitting on .400 exactly going into game two he would have sat out.

You state in #2 that he got a hit in his first at bat raising the average to .401. So you mean to tell us that .400 was never in danger after that at bat? How does that mathematically make sense? The only way it wouldn't have been in danger is if he sat his butt on the bench after that hit or was walked each at bat afterwards.