`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
For all those bashing Jose Reyes please read this...

RE: For all those bashing Jose Reyes please read this...
.3999 is rounded up to 400 anyway, so he could've sat out the double header and been batting 400

(09-29-2011, 02:19 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: no offense, who if you hadnt even heard of him, to call him a cheater is way over the line.
What does it matter if he heard of him or not? It's the situation that matters, not the name of the player.

And really, quit trying to goad him into a religious topic. If I recall, you got on him about it once because he used to do it and now you're going to bring it up? Awesome.........

(09-29-2011, 03:24 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: What does it matter if he heard of him or not? It's the situation that matters, not the name of the player.

And really, quit trying to goad him into a religious topic. If I recall, you got on him about it once because he used to do it and now you're going to bring it up?
Thanks man.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Hey cptdolo i sent you an offer btw

I think I would have given Reyes a pass if he just didn't play the last game at all. What stinks about it is he bunted for a single and then got pinch run for. That to me is what brings his character into it.

Sorry I stept away; I was on a breathing treatment.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-29-2011, 02:17 PM)chipper4president Wrote: I guess if you put it that way...I see your point. He plays for the Mets.
He SITS for the Mets!!!

I already posted about this. I don't like what he did. I think a player should play. However, I do wonder something from all the people posting negative about Reyes. What would you say had the Mets been in first with a lead and sat Reyes to rest him for the post season, causing him to stay in the lead for the batting title? Would he still be gutless then and a cheater in your eyes?
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Really, I don't think it's classless AT ALL. I would encourage it, even. The Mets were already out of contention, so why does it matter?
(09-29-2011, 03:19 PM)john1580 Wrote: .3999 is rounded up to 400 anyway, so he could've sat out the double header and been batting 400
But it's still below .400
(09-29-2011, 03:18 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: You state in #2 that he got a hit in his first at bat raising the average to .401. So you mean to tell us that .400 was never in danger after that at bat? How does that mathematically make sense? The only way it wouldn't have been in danger is if he sat his butt on the bench after that hit or was walked each at bat afterwards.
It was never in danger because even if he didn't get a hit (which he did, twice) his BA would still be above .400. It does make sense mathematically
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(09-29-2011, 05:54 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Really, I don't think it's classless AT ALL. I would encourage it, even. The Mets were already out of contention, so why does it matter?

But it's still below .400

It was never in danger because even if he didn't get a hit (which he did, twice) his BA would still be above .400. It does make sense mathematically
Ted Williams had a total of 8 at bats in the double header. So if he was 1-1 in his first at bat, and then went 0-7 in the other at bats, he would not have dipped below .400?

Prior to the double header, Williams had a season of Hits/AB of 179/448. That comes out to .39955. He goes 1 for 1, that raises his average to .4008. To ensure that he actually got above .400 without having rounded, he needed 4 hits total out of those 8 at bats. If he went 3 for 8, he sits at .39912.

So, he could have sat tight with the 1 for 1 and been set on .400 or keep playing and risk not getting it. He continued to play.