`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
OT: 9/11/2001 ?

RE: OT: 9/11/2001 ?
I was a contractor for the Army in Alexandria. I would routinely be part of a two-person team that took certain items to the Pentagon and picked them up again. At the time the plane hit the Pentagon, normally I would have been in one of the offices that got hit. Fortunately, for the first time ever in his government career, the other person of our team called out sick. Likewise, my Uncle normally would have been arriving at the World Trade Center from NJ on a PATH train to head to work at Merrill Lynch. For the first time in his career, his alarm failed to go off and he was late. His train was stopped in the tunnel because the planes had already hit. I didn't find this out until much later in the day as all communications north of here were crapped out. The only person I could get in touch with to tell that I was OK and not at the Pentagon was my ex-wife in Georgia. Yes I believe in miracles!

On a sadder note, the Godmother of my Godson lost her fiancee at the World Trade Center.

While other government agencies shutdown and sent people home on 9/11, I worked the many of 14-16 hour days.

I was a Junior in high school and was on my way to school from the doctor's office. The first plane had just hit when I got in my car. The second one hit just as I got to class. I don't think I did a bit of school work that day.

I now have a vivid memory of 2 terrorist attacks. The other one was the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building here in OKC back in April of '95.

Looking for Vikings, Twins, and OKC Thunder.

http://s283.photobucket.com/home/Broo42/index

I 'll start of by saying I lost my father in the attack. He was on the 72nd floor of the South Tower.

I was going to college in Manhattan. Someone made an announcement in class about some accident at the WTC, obviously they did not know the severity of the situation yet. I ran out of class and met up with my sister who worked near by. We got downtown as fast as we can and got 5 blocks from the towers before they fell. After that I followed the crowds of people trying to get over the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridge. We stood at the end of the bridges for 2 hours hoping to see my father come across after us. He never did.....

Here is a link to a little about him: http://www.legacy.com/Sept11/Story.aspx?PersonID=136860
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

(09-13-2011, 10:41 AM)captdolo Wrote: I 'll start of by saying I lost my father in the attack. He was on the 72nd floor of the South Tower.

I was going to college in Manhattan. Someone made an announcement in class about some accident at the WTC, obviously they did not know the severity of the situation yet. I ran out of class and met up with my sister who worked near by. We got downtown as fast as we can and got 5 blocks from the towers before they fell. After that I followed the crowds of people trying to get over the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridge. We stood at the end of the bridges for 2 hours hoping to see my father come across after us. He never did.....

Here is a link to a little about him: http://www.legacy.com/Sept11/Story.aspx?PersonID=136860
Truly sorry to hear about that.

(09-13-2011, 10:41 AM)captdolo Wrote: I 'll start of by saying I lost my father in the attack. He was on the 72nd floor of the South Tower.

wow very sorry to hear that. Im looking forward to going to see the memorial one of these days. From the pictures ive seen in the paper it looks beautiful. My cousin is a union plumber and spent a long time working there running the pipes and all that .

God bless your father and everyone else who perished that day

Getting ready to go to dentist before work.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. God Bless him and all those who perished in those cowardly attacks.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.