`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
OT: 9/11/2001 ?

RE: OT: 9/11/2001 ?
I was at work when it happened, felt shock and emptiness for awhile. I couldn't take my eyes off of the news and started reading up on as much as possible on terrorism, followed by books on the military. I almost joined the military in Jan. 2002 but held off since the recruiter was taking me for a ride on everything he was saying which looking back was probably selfish.

Once Jan. 2004 rolled around, I still felt that emptiness but also felt an extreme desire for revenge. Additionally, I felt like a worthless sack sitting at home watching the news reports about people who stepped up, joined the military, and went after these wastes of oxygen.

Though I had a degree, I went enlisted so I could actually get my hands dirty against them and not ride a desk chair. That, and I believe that to be a good leader, one has to have served in the ranks of those he will someday lead. It was the best decision I think I could have made. I signed up, did a 5 year stint with a 15 month deployment in there, and it was probably the most rewarding and satisfying job I could have had while deployed. I definitely feel I did my part against these losers. While out of the military now, I continue, though in a lesser role, in contributing to this fight.

I live in NYC and was in 5th grade at the time this happened. I remember everything that happened that day so clearly. I was in my class and my friend who had gone to the bathroom said he saw a lot of smoke. Then a lot of people, including myself, went to the bathroom to see what was going on. We all saw a lot of smoke but nobody knew what was going on. My teacher asked all the students where their parents worked and what their phone numbers were. (My mom worked in the towers in 2000) I was in 5th grade at the time and didn't know what was going on and why they were doing this. Then, at lunchtime, another friend told me that she spoke with her mom, who told her what happened. At around 12:30, my father came to the school to pick me up. We can see the towers when walking to and from school. My dad said when he came to pick me up, he saw 1 of the towers, and when we were walking home, it wasn't there anymore. This was just a terrible day in America. I new people who died on 9/11, RIP all.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

I was working a crew that was painting the exterior of a house about 20 miles east of Akron, Ohio that morning. The home owner came out and told us all what had happened after the first plane hit and again after the second. We all went around back to where he had a tv out in the garage and watched for a bit, worked for a bit, and then seemed drawn back to the tv. I can place the time fairly well, it was 5 minutes or less before 10 AM that I first heard, then saw, a pair of fighter jets overhead. I remember thinking to myself that I needed to say a quick prayer for those two pilots, and any others we had scrambled. I knew they would have orders, and knew most likely what those orders would be...but just could not allow it to sink in that it could ever come to that. I headed straight back to the garage to see if anyone in there had noticed the fighters and met one of the others working with me that had just seen the same thing from the other side of the house. He was headed the same place as I. We walked in just as the 1st tower was coming down...it was about 15 or 20 minutes later that they reported the plane going down in PA and I suddenly felt physically ill...prayers were somehow just not enough for what I was, at that time, sure had happened... The rest of the day is basically a void to me...no clear memories of anything in particular.

God bless all that perished.

and God bless all that serve.

in between classes in law school. a tv was on in the break area and we all just watched after the first plane hit. i had to drop something off for my brother at a local business and listened to talk radio for the first time in my life. i heard then another plane had hit. i got to the business and talked to the secretary about how this must be an attack of some sort. i went back to school (i'm telling you it wasn't more than a 10 minute round trip).

i was pissed because we had class during this - but everyone was on their laptops reading news reports - me, i was instant messaging my brother about what was going on. maybe 5 minutes into class, the dean came in and said everything is cancelled and we all rushed out to watch.

i drove immediately home and drove past our military base and i've never seen so many m-16s. in the months afterwards, i never drove through so many checkpoints just to get to school.

i'll never, ever forget the day. i don't know that they are teaching the younger kids what exactly happened, but my 1st grader is about to find out this weekend from me....which, to me, isn't a bad thing at all to know about.

what knocks us down, only makes us stronger, right?
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I had just got off active duty and was starting my second semester at college. I skipped class that morning (due to drinking all night lol) and was woke up by my roommates. At first I thought they were messing with me but once I realized what was going on I watched the second plane hit the towers on TV. I felt sick to my stomach in disbelief. I was confused and extremely angry. That following week I went back the recruiters office and joined back up in the reserves. I did 2 tours in Iraq totaling almost 2 and a half years. Needless to say I've got 15 years in the military now and have absolutely no regrets. This time of year is hard for me as I'm sure it is for a lot of people watching TV programs and just remembering that day. Thanks everybody for sharing their story. I enjoyed reading them.
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

i was working for the Department of Justice a block and a half from the White House, my wife was working across the highway from the Pentagon. You can imagine how my day was, especially since i couldnt get ahold of my wife

10 days previous to that, i had asked her to marry me.

within ten days, 2 events happened that completely and utterly changed my life in every conceivable way

I remember the day it well. I was home sick with pneumonia. I remember seeing a breaking report coming over the tv. I was in shock and very upset. I remember my best buddy calling me asking if I heard what happened. Right then we decided to join the army. We wanted to do any and everything to help defend our country. I ended up not going while my buddy joined the infantry. 5 yrs in iraq/afghanistan. Glad he came back safe. I hope everyone stays safe this week.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I had enlisted in the Navy a few weeks earlier and was at boot camp out side of Chicago doing my swim quals. They pulled us out of the pool, all military bases were being locked down. Graduated a few weeks later and gave my contribution to the War on Terrorism.
WANTED: Indian Larry American Biker Auto
[Image: 1393873061.jpg]
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Seaw0lf/library/

I remember waking up to hear my mother say the first tower had collapsed and I flipped the television on just in time to watch the second fall. I immediately grabbed a phone and called my grandmother to see if she could reach my cousin in NY. She had no idea it had happened and was on her way out the door to get her hair done. Needless to say she never went and I never left the TV. My step-mothers brother was a NYC Fire fighter. He lost his life that day. She is from NY and to this day still hurts over the actions of these heartless people who decided to take innocent lives.

This is a nice thread. I doubt you will get any one person to say they don't recall where they were or what they were doing. We all remember.

The only other day I remember in my life as vividly as that is the day my grandmother actually passed away. I was in the same spot and woke up the same way. Somethings I wish I could forget.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I can remember 9-11 like it was yesterday. I had just dropped off my boys at school and was headed into the office myself. I was listening to Howard Stern on the radio. They were talking how a plane had hit the WTC. I thought this is just one of their bits. Then I realized how serious they were and had never heard them like this before. I decided to switch to news talk radio and they made mention of it as well. I remember thinking something bad must have happened, a terrible accident.

I got to the office and everyone was huddled around the TV. I got there in time to see the second tower get hit. We were all glued to the TV and reading reports on the net. After the Pentagon was hit my wife called me and wanted the boys brought home. I remember it was a beautiful day here in St. Louis. I was driving to pick up the boys and looking up into the clear blue sky and seeing no air traffic. It was an eerie feeling.

My feelings went from shock to anger to sadness.

I want to thank all of you who have or are currently serving in our military protecting our freedoms. God Bless all of our troops and may they all come home safely. RIP all souls who were lost on 9-11-01, We will NEVER forget!
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.