`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AWESOME weekend at the K...pics inside

RE: AWESOME weekend at the K...pics inside
Very cool Derek - sounds like a wonderful trip and experience for the kids!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(09-04-2011, 12:36 PM)thepozr Wrote: Very cool. I never knew where to go to get autos. I may have to get in touch with you when I take the kids again.

I am wanting to make it to the K before the season is over but I don't know if we are going to make it (we live 3 hrs west). My first year in awhile not making to to a Royals game or a Rockies game.
The last weekend home stand is the weekend of the 17th I believe.
(09-04-2011, 05:34 PM)iujapander Wrote: Sounds like an awesome trip with the family. Did have one question, was the guy's wife pissed that he got the ball the first time, or that he gave it to your kids. Either way good story!
She was pissed he gave it away. He just said "its a kid."
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Sweet stuff!!! Congrats on all those Autos!!

(09-04-2011, 08:03 PM)cheetos Wrote: Very nice indeed! I have always heard good things about Francoeur.
Man there is no better guy in baseball than Francoeur. He is the most fan friendly guy I have ever encountered. Billy Butler is pretty fan friendly as well. He always chats and signs, but he just goes out another way to avoid the huge crowd.

I'd have to say the Tribe were not near as fan friendly here but they are the visiting team. Maybe 4 guys all weekend signed for us from that team, but they were friendly. Thome only signed for 4 guys the first night and none the second.

Blake Wood of the Royals is by far the biggest **** of them all. That guy needs to seriously work on his social skills. I'd almost rather burn a ball than have his auto.

Danny Duffy is another real friendly guy. He chats a little and will at least give attention to the fans even if he is too busy to sign. He gave a little kid his cleats Friday night. Then we chatted about it Saturday.

Eric Hosmer is cool. He signs a lot, but doesn't chat as much. Aaron Crow does as well.

The staff out there said that Moustakas signs quite a bit too but I have yet to see that.

Awesome day! I know I have fun at my Pirates games, but I look forward to the day when I can enjoy it with my children!
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

(09-04-2011, 11:45 PM)jimfalbo21 Wrote: Awesome day! I know I have fun at my Pirates games, but I look forward to the day when I can enjoy it with my children!
I will say getting autos is a lot harder with kids sometimes because they slow you down and get very cranky and tired of waiting. The other side of that is they also draw the players more. Some guys will only sign for the kids and would possibly never give me a second look without them.

We started our day about 10 am and finished around midnight. My kids were done by then.

My wife feels the same way when I go, but she knows I enjoy collecting auto's so she's cool with it
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

That's some nice stuff and it looks like your kids had a blast. I really hope someday that the Royals organization can turn it around and get, at minimum, back to the playoffs.