`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
AWESOME weekend at the K...pics inside

AWESOME weekend at the K...pics inside
I had tickets to Friday and Saturdays games against the Indians at the K. I don't make it to many games throughout the year due to work and the kids schedules so we like to take advantage of it when we do.

We started Friday after work by hittting batting practice and getting autographs from the K Crew and Sluggerrr for the kids. The game was decent. My 3 year old has been working on a jersey since FanFest and was able to get Eric Hosmer among others added to it that night. By Saturday evening she had also added Billy Butler and Alex Gordon so she is very happy. All she says every time a player gets up to bat is "Hi Eric Hosmer" or "Hi Billy Butler".
[Image: WeekendK13.jpg]

After the game we stayed for the players to come out and added a few others but the highlight for my kids was this picture. My son was not at the Friday game.
[Image: WeekendK1.jpg]

The highlight for me was Jim Thome stepping out after all but 4 fans were gone and signing a few. I also have him on the bat you will see below. He wouldn't sign Saturday after I waited most the night and had my White Sox hat ready. No biggie!
[Image: WeekendK24.jpg]

Saturday morning we headed back and arrived at 11am. We started with a Johnny Giovatella autograph signing. He was a very fan friendly guy.
[Image: WeekendK2.jpg]
[Image: WeekendK11.jpg]
[Image: WeekendK23.jpg]

After the signing we took a Stadium Tour. I have lived in KC my whole life and never done this. It is amazing to hear the history behind Kansas City baseball.
My Kids in the Dugout
[Image: WeekendK3.jpg]
My daughter on the field of the K.
[Image: WeekendK4.jpg]
A Statue in the Suite area
[Image: WeekendK5.jpg]
The Triple Crown painting near the entry to the suites.
[Image: WeekendK6.jpg]

We then ate lunch and came back to the lot to wait for the arrival of the players. That is when we got lucky yet again and ran into Alex Gordon. I got the 2 below and the kids got their items signed as well.
[Image: WeekendK16.jpg]
[Image: WeekendK21.jpg]

The rain really put a damper on any chance of a good batting practice but with rain comes delay and we had a chance to tour the HOF again. It was bobble head night and about 70% of the bobble head boxes were soaked. I managed to walk away with 18 bobble heads due to this, 7 of them were in mint boxes still.
[Image: WeekendK14.jpg]

The games started 20 minutes late but we were able to hang out on the Cleveland side long enough to get a Ubaldo auto. All 3 of my kids got one.
[Image: WeekendK9.jpg]

Late in the game my kids were standing near the outfield wall when Alex Gordon tossed this up and a gentlemen reached in and grabbed it but then handed it back to my son (his wife was ticked). My boy later got Jeff Franceour and Billy Butler to sign it.
[Image: WeekendK15.jpg]

After the game of course we went back outside to wait again. Manny Acta (manager for the Indians) came out and signed a few as well. My 6 year old added this to her Ubaldo ball.
[Image: WeekendK10.jpg]

Many of the Royals coming out the tunnel where they like fans to stand were not signing after a victory. That was a little disappointing but I knew where to go to try for more. We headed to another spot and we did well. Billy Butler came out his hiding hole and we got him yet again but this time I was ready. This is where my son got his warm-up ball signed as well.
[Image: WeekendK20.jpg]

The my favorite part of the night was when Jeff Franceour came out and chatted and of course signed. After he was done he stood and had a beer with some fans for about 45 minutes. I chatted a bit but stood aside for the whole beer thing since I had my kids. We did get to see Thome again but this time no autos. I had a Sox hat all ready too.
[Image: WeekendK7.jpg]

All in all a GREAT weekend at the K. Below are some items we had signed as well. Many of which were started at FanFest and have been a work in progress.
My daughters Blue Crew Jersey
[Image: WeekendK12.jpg]
My daughter's give-away back pack.
[Image: WeekendK17.jpg]

My bats, one containg Thome, Acta, as well as many retired Royals and Royals HOFers. The other containing the rookie class mainly Duffy, Giovatellla, Crow, Colon, Cain, Jeffress, Montgomery, and many many more.
[Image: WeekendK18.jpg]
[Image: WeekendK19.jpg]
My sons FanFest sign which also now has Jim Thome because we were unprepared for him to come out on Friday.
[Image: WeekendK25.jpg]

Here are the other items I had promised to share. The Holy Grail of KC Bobble Heads I landed last week to finish my whole collection. This goes between $150-200. The Aviles was a gift from the Royals.
[Image: WeekendK22.jpg]
[Image: WeekendK8.jpg]
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

RE: AWESOME weekend at the K...pics inside
WOW that is indeed awesome what an experience your beautiful children will never forget it.
Looking for HOF rookies,auto,jersey,patch and vintage baseball,basketball,football.Also looking for oddball autos and relics

[Image: cooltext544972084.gif]

http://s1108.photobucket.com/albums/h404/cardsnstuff2/

Haha, I meant Davies jersey, not Aviles.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Very cool. I never knew where to go to get autos. I may have to get in touch with you when I take the kids again.

I am wanting to make it to the K before the season is over but I don't know if we are going to make it (we live 3 hrs west). My first year in awhile not making to to a Royals game or a Rockies game.

A great experience. Thanks for sharing this story and for all the photos.

Sounds like an awesome trip with the family. Did have one question, was the guy's wife pissed that he got the ball the first time, or that he gave it to your kids. Either way good story!

That an awesome hall Derek. Sounds like the Royals and Tribe players are very fan friendly. Looks likee your kids had a real good time. Thanks for sharing the pics!

BigT
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

That must have been awesome. Those are the best memories made right there. Something you and your kids will always have and share for years to come. Congrats Derek. Smile
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Congrats, Derek.
I collect Jackie Robinson, Dee Gordon, Daniel Nava.

Very nice indeed! I have always heard good things about Francoeur.
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]