`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Realllly CJ???

RE: Realllly CJ???
(08-31-2011, 10:19 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: so why sign the contract in the first place? shame... NO Spine,no integrity, and no class is all i can say...
ANY player who pulls the "i'm worth more"card in the middle of a contract is a spoiled brat...IMO..Smile have some balls and clean it up
I really don't understand this opinion. It "might" make sense if the owners also had to honor the contract, but they almost always do not. A lot of contracts are heavy ended towards the end of it and then expect a player to renegotiate to take less all the time. You can't really have this animosity towards players and then be blind to the other side.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

Vick's $100 million contract isn't for $100 million, it's more like $35 million, with incentives.
No rb in the league right now is worth STAR qb money, period. The next Arian Foster is waiting for his shot.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

I gotta side with CJ on this.
I get paid to work 8-5, but I show up early, stay late, handle customers, stay on the phone with them till the issue's resolved, handled their problems in-person, do more than what my "contract" requires, meanwhile my co-workers take coffee breaks every thirty minutes.
Hell yeah, I'm gonna want more also!
My point is, you really don't know how the organization that drafts you, being CJ, is gonna turn out. He by far is their offense. I doubt he expected to BE THE ENTIRE OFFENSE and carry the team which he did for the past few years. He went through that entire Vince Young drama... If they had a much better team, this whole ordeal would've went through a lot easier and quicker, but come'on Tennessee... What other options do you have??? He's proven himself beyond what you expected or any other organization that skipped over him in the 2008 draft. He was a late first rounder... somewhere like late teens or early 20's draft? You're not gonna throw away money on CJ like you did Vince.
A contract is a contract, yes, BUT it is the owner(s) of the organization who's duty is to do their part and make sure the team they own makes it to the playoffs and a chance for a championship. In my eyes, the Titans have not done their part because they kept drama queen bi-polar Vince Young and old man Collins and no star receiver AND no clear leader on the D.
Chris is not greedy. He's over-worked. I call this frustration, "the Carson Palmer" effect. Big Grin
OH! And by the way... If you're good enough at what you do, you can ask for more money at your job... I've done it TWICE in my career... Not to brag, but I went from 12.50 an hour to 14 an hour to xx,xxx to xx,xxx with a $5000 bonus within two years so yeah, it's possible.
BUT don't try it and get fired and blame me for it! Big Grin
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

all i can say is the titans would be a fools not to give it to him, cuz someone will.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Im with CJ. Get the money when you can. Contracts dont mean a thing during these times. If he blows out a knee guess what the team cuts him and then he is left with squat. I never understood why fans are so hard on the players for wanting more money when the owners have BILLIONS!!! CJ has been underpaid the last two seasons. The Titans owe him the cash. He is the only reason why Titan games are worth watching. Owners have billions and players have millions and take health risks every time they suit up while owners just pocket the dough. I side with the players every time.

I also dont take offense when a player says he doesnt have a real job like normal people do because he is right. Every choice or statement he makes in life gets put under a microscope because of his job. Also why isnt anyone complaining about Vicks new deal? He had 8 good games last year. Its not right to say Vick deserves the money but CJ doesnt.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I have no problem with CJ wanting more money....bc he deserves it.....but does he really deserve the amount he wants? I mean the Titans offered to make him the highest paid RB of ALL TIME.....and honestly he isnt even the best RB of THIS time,so that seems more than fair. If he is trying to get crazy super star QB money....I say let him watch the games from the house bc CJ isnt going to impact a game like Peyton Manning is.
If he refuses to play for nothing less than that type of money...he will simply not play....nobody is going to give him that kind of a contract nor should they. BUT again....he does deserve ALOT more money than he has been getting.

Jamie harper is looking better and better!! Hes no CJ2K, but im sure he doesnt expect 13-15 mil a season either!! I think C johnson has definently outplayed his rookie contract, but I still wish he would have went about it the right way. Its not like the titans dont agree he has outplayed what they expected and they are willing to make him the highest paid RB ever!! Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure Tom Brady outplayed his first few contracts also with him being a 7th round pick but i dont recall ever hearing this BS from him? CJ2K needs to understand that certain positions will always get paid more than others..thats just the nature of this game. Hes being too greedy
Sigs curtesy of KoolKellGirl and JDetter!! Thanks a ton!!

[Image: fbqueen1.jpg]

[Image: fbqueen.gif]

(09-01-2011, 12:32 AM)fbqueen Wrote: Jamie harper is looking better and better!! Hes no CJ2K, but im sure he doesnt expect 13-15 mil a season either!! I think C johnson has definently outplayed his rookie contract, but I still wish he would have went about it the right way. Its not like the titans dont agree he has outplayed what they expected and they are willing to make him the highest paid RB ever!! Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure Tom Brady outplayed his first few contracts also with him being a 7th round pick but i dont recall ever hearing this BS from him? CJ2K needs to understand that certain positions will always get paid more than others..thats just the nature of this game. Hes being too greedy
My point exactly
No problem with him going after more money.....he is just going about it the wrong way and expecting WAY more than any RB will ever be paid in this era

If anyone deserves that kinda money its the guys who play real football, for example:

Harrison amongst some other guys in this game, play real football, for reasonable pay, then he takes his check and after paying a few fines(of course, he dont plan on wearing a skirt no time soon), he puts dinner on the table and carries himself to the next game like a man of the game should.

If 10+ mil a year cant put dinner on the table and make you feel like a man i dont know what will. Maybe he needs a few 1 on 1's with a guy like Harrison to knock him back down to earth. The Titans would be nuts not to give him a great offer, but hey its a business, there another CJ out there just dying to get a shot and act like a man who has his head on right.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(09-01-2011, 12:40 AM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: If anyone deserves that kinda money its the guys who play real football, for example:

Harrison amongst some other guys in this game, play real football, for reasonable pay, then he takes his check and after paying a few fines(of course, he dont plan on wearing a skirt no time soon), he puts dinner on the table and carries himself to the next game like a man of the game should.

If 10+ mil a year cant put dinner on the table and make you feel like a man i dont know what will. Maybe he needs a few 1 on 1's with a guy like Harrison to knock him back down to earth. The Titans would be nuts not to give him a great offer, but hey its a business, there another CJ out there just dying to get a shot and act like a man who has his head on right.
There's a ton of CJ's out there. Right? I don't think there are a ton of guys who have ran for 2,000 yards if memory serves me right. I know it's in the past but how can one of only a few HB's EVER to rush for 2K not get a big 'ol payday? Just sayin'! I don't agree with 12+Mill/year but I'd be fine with him being in the 9Mill/year range.