`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Realllly CJ???

RE: Realllly CJ???
(08-31-2011, 08:51 PM)superynaldo Wrote: us the fans for paying the outrageous prices...Sad
Maybe because were paying for the players contracts, and in return they want more money. Then we get to pay more...
[Image: vitterswest.jpg]

Wants: JOSH VITTERS, Matt Davidson, Peyton Manning, and Cubs.

All I'm saying is, before he came along the NFL had a #1 running back.....this guy needs to figure out that players are expendable....someone will always step up and fill the spot.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(08-31-2011, 08:41 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: dude if i hire you to do something for me for $5000, like pave my driveway... ....we sign a contract... 1 week later you come to me saying i need more $$ this is taking too long... what am i going to say? F_ck off or i sue you and get someone else...Period..
IT IS STUPID....
no different in sports...STUPID....mabye they should'nt sign the 1 mill contract like a ROOKIE WOULD....Dumb rookie
Wink
Nice scenario. Let’s compare it to CJ’s. If you hired me to pave your driveway for $5000 and we signed a contract I’d get to work. But if 1 week later someone came to me and said they’d pay me $1,000,000 to take my supplies and build the same driveway for them right now I’d rip up our contract, pay you $5000 or so in damages and move on to the better paying job. Cruel as it may be, it’s business savvy and certainly not a “dumb rookie” move. Sit out a year, stay healthy, pay the Titans damages and sign a much bigger deal. CJ could have a Bo Jackson type injury any minute and be out of a lot of money. His legs are his biggest asset. I cannot blame him for protecting his assets. I don’t think he’s worth what he’s asking but certainly more than he’s being paid.

Don’t ever forget that these owners are making millions off star players like CJ. They should reward them for putting money in their pockets.
http://photobucket.com/johnelway

Always looking for Elway cards. Especially hard to find parallels and inserts from the '90s, i.e., any Leaf Mirror card or Donruss Elite parallel

[quote='elway4king' pid='1691475' dateline='1314846335']

Nice scenario. Let’s compare it to CJ’s. If you hired me to pave your driveway for $5000 and we signed a contract I’d get to work. But if 1 week later someone came to me and said they’d pay me $1,000,000 to take my supplies and build the same driveway for them right now I’d rip up our contract, pay you $5000 or so in damages and move on to the better paying job. Cruel as it may be, it’s business savvy and certainly not a “dumb rookie” move. Sit out a year, stay healthy, pay the Titans damages and sign a much bigger deal. CJ could have a Bo Jackson type injury any minute and be out of a lot of money. His legs are his biggest asset. I cannot blame him for protecting his assets. I don’t think he’s worth what he’s asking but certainly more than he’s being paid.

Don’t ever forget that these owners are making millions off star players like CJ. They should reward them for putting money in their pockets.
[/quoso

so why sign the contract in the first place? shame... NO Spine,no integrity, and no class is all i can say...
ANY player who pulls the "i'm worth more"card in the middle of a contract is a spoiled brat...IMO..Smile have some balls and clean it up
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

There are way too many things I want to reply to here. I will keep it simple though. I agree w/ wavy... CJ deserves more than $1M/yr, but he should be happy with being the highest paid RB in the league @ around $7M. He should not demand more than the Titans can actually afford b/c they still need to stay under the cap.
And to CowboysFanatic: He can NOT walk away. He is still under contract. The only option he can take other than the holdout is to do what Carson Palmer did. He can retire to get out of the contract. He could then unretire after this season and sign with any team, but that route will not get him the money he is after now either.

The Titans are willing to pay him GOOD and he needs to take that. He is going to alienate the fans at this rate and the Titans will start backing down the restructuring of his contract if he keeps going on in the social media.
When did he change his first name from Chris to Chad? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(08-31-2011, 10:19 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: [quote='elway4king' pid='1691475' dateline='1314846335']

[/quoso

so why sign the contract in the first place? shame... NO Spine,no integrity, and no class is all i can say...
ANY player who pulls the "i'm worth more"card in the middle of a contract is a spoiled brat...IMO..Smile have some balls and clean it up
No integrity, no class? That's why you pay damages. Makes everyone even. And you sign the contract in the first place because that's the best one you can get until you can actually show someone your actual value. Money talks, supply and demand, you know economics.

You may take the "higher road" but I highly doubt that if you actually had the chance to get out of a contract by paying damages so long as you came out on the plus by a considerable amount, you'd say integrity be damned. You may say different, but once again, money talks.

http://photobucket.com/johnelway

Always looking for Elway cards. Especially hard to find parallels and inserts from the '90s, i.e., any Leaf Mirror card or Donruss Elite parallel

I'd be a spineless, classless brat for $7 to 10+ million more per year! Tongue Just sayin'!

(08-31-2011, 04:47 PM)titan fan Wrote: HEY come on guys he not even making 1 million he way better running back than 1 million he has about 4 to 5 more year he need to get paid now he just looking to take of his family in the long run just like all of us.

I ma a huge Titans fan, REAL FAN, myself and here is my take on the best player on the team. 800K is an insult to the man but 10 - 13 million a year is a joke. He is at the mid point in his career now and might not even be productive in 2 years.

The man deserves his money but his demands are crazy. Fitz just got 100 million but that was crazy to pay him that just the same as Vick's 100 mill is crazy. The best way to judge this is to look at Gore, 3 years 21 Million, he deserves more than Gore but not by a lot. Hell, at this point I'd like to see the Titans trade his ***** to the 49ers for Gore. Let him play in San Fran, Oakland, Carolina, or Arizona and see how "great" he is. I don't dispute he is the best player on the Titans but he's not by far the best RB in the league. The O line does have a big part to do with his success and for him to act like its all him is an insult to the rest of the team. 6 mill - 8 mill, yes, pay him that, he is worth it, but since he thinks he is so good make his contract to where he has to earn it which shouldn't be an issue, he's the best, right?

Last year and now probably this year he is hurting the Titans more than he is helping. I wish he would go away, ship him to Carolina to get his ***** kicked with Cam Newton

It makes me laugh too that he wants all this money BUT has racked up almost 1 mill in fines for not reporting and won't even come to camp and negotiate while he is getting ready to play. Its like the last thing on his mind is football and the first is getting himself some more gold teeth while blowing ALL the money he is owed this year by holding out like a little *****
PC Players: Halak, Perron, Berglund, Stewart, Oshie, Pietrangelo, D'Agostini, A. Steen, & Backes

PLAYERS WANTED: Crosby, P.Roy, Lundqvist, Spezza, Ovechkin, Lemieux, Gretzky, C.Price, Tavares, Stamkos, Nash, Hull, Tkachuk, Arnott and Langenbrunner in Blues uniform

Always up for a trade!!

(08-31-2011, 10:52 PM)lgb cards Wrote: I ma a huge Titans fan, REAL FAN, myself and here is my take on the best player on the team. 800K is an insult to the man but 10 - 13 million a year is a joke. He is at the mid point in his career now and might not even be productive in 2 years.

The man deserves his money but his demands are crazy. Fitz just got 100 million but that was crazy to pay him that just the same as Vick's 100 mill is crazy. The best way to judge this is to look at Gore, 3 years 21 Million, he deserves more than Gore but not by a lot. Hell, at this point I'd like to see the Titans trade his ***** to the 49ers for Gore. Let him play in San Fran, Oakland, Carolina, or Arizona and see how "great" he is. I don't dispute he is the best player on the Titans but he's not by far the best RB in the league. The O line does have a big part to do with his success and for him to act like its all him is an insult to the rest of the team. 6 mill - 8 mill, yes, pay him that, he is worth it, but since he thinks he is so good make his contract to where he has to earn it which shouldn't be an issue, he's the best, right?

Last year and now probably this year he is hurting the Titans more than he is helping. I wish he would go away, ship him to Carolina to get his ***** kicked with Cam Newton

It makes me laugh too that he wants all this money BUT has racked up almost 1 mill in fines for not reporting and won't even come to camp and negotiate while he is getting ready to play. Its like the last thing on his mind is football and the first is getting himself some more gold teeth while blowing ALL the money he is owed this year by holding out like a little *****
Why'd you bring up Carolina? Think before you type.
We already have two of the best RB's in the NFL. I think DeAngelo's new contract helped CJ create this mess. He saw what a bad team was willing to pay a great running back just to keep him, even though the next 2 RB's in line are really good too.
Cam Newton is not going to result in RB's getting their '***** kicked'. Cam probably won't be the starter in Carolina anyway until he learns how to complete more passes in the NFL. Carolina wouldn't bother trying to get CJ even though he is a really good RB, we already have several.

Im on the players side. Granted if it wasnt for the Owners there would be no league. The average life span for aq player in the nfl is 4 years. These guys need to make enough money in that time span to last them the rest of their lives. And you know they will have issues when they're older from the physicallity of the sport. Get your money man! If I were him, I'd sign for 10 a year though. Unless he's only got a year left on his contract, with better offers from other teams then I would hold out for more money fo shizzle