`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purchased a Ken Griffey Jr UD Black Patch Auto - Showed up Damaged!

RE: Purchased a Ken Griffey Jr UD Black Patch Auto - Showed up Damaged!
that blows man... I'm shedding a tear for you now.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(08-28-2011, 09:48 PM)whodeyalltheway Wrote: It sucks that it got damaged but I ship out cards all the time and never ship in a screw down or one touch even if it is $500+. That wasn't the sellers fault whatsoever you can only blame the mail service.
it actually is the sellers fault completely. as a seller you have an obligation to reasonably package items to make sure they will arrive safely. a couple small preventative measures would have more than likely saved that card from damage. just tossing it in a toploader and a bubblemailer is a risk that seller took.

as a person who has sold online for a living for the better part of the past 10 years, you know to package things with the assumption that your package WILL be knocked around...it will be smashed..it will be thrown...it will be beat up by the postal service. it is the sellers job to make sure the item is protected.

OP: sucks that card got beat up it is a nice one!

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(08-28-2011, 07:22 PM)jn baseball cards Wrote: Bought this card off eBay, card was listed as mint. There was no visible damage on the card at all, so it must of happened in the mail, I would hope so anyway! Paid $100+ for this card, and all the guy sent it in was a toploader, a freakin toploader! Paid that much and couldn't ever get a Screwdown or a One Touch. Gosh, people kill me! It's common courtesy!

[Image: IMG.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0001.jpg]

Did the guy ship the card in a bubble envelope or pwe? Just curious how much shipping was?
Did you get insurance? or was it even offered?
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Question...
If insured (hopefully) is this kind of thing covered??
It was obviously caused by the handling via the PO
However, insurance companies are not your friend and will not pay unless they have to...biggest buildings in cities are insurance companies and they did not get that $$ by paying you for claims..

Fight the good fight