`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purchased a Ken Griffey Jr UD Black Patch Auto - Showed up Damaged!

Purchased a Ken Griffey Jr UD Black Patch Auto - Showed up Damaged!
Bought this card off eBay, card was listed as mint. There was no visible damage on the card at all, so it must of happened in the mail, I would hope so anyway! Paid $100+ for this card, and all the guy sent it in was a toploader, a freakin toploader! Paid that much and couldn't ever get a Screwdown or a One Touch. Gosh, people kill me! It's common courtesy!

[Image: IMG.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0001.jpg]
Collecting Joey Votto-

[Image: JoeyVottoBanner2.jpg]

"The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love."

RE: Purchased a Ken Griffey Jr UD Black Patch Auto - Showed up Damaged!
OUCH ! Man that sucks buddy, I'm sorry that happened to you. File a claim. I sold a card on EBAY and the mailman bent it in half. The guy filed a claim against me and won.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

I already contacted him, I didn't have to file a claim w/ eBay. The guy is going to take card of it, which is good. But could of been avoided if he protected it a little better.
Collecting Joey Votto-

[Image: JoeyVottoBanner2.jpg]

"The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love."

Yea you can clearly see the damage on the loader, so it must have happened in the mail. Most damage is easily avoided if the seller sandwiches the card with pack fillers or cardboard. Either way it is the seller's responsibility to get it to you safely. Just crazy to just top load a $100+ card and just toss it into a mailer. I don't think it requires a screw-down or one touch, but additional protection is def. needed.

(08-28-2011, 07:27 PM)jn baseball cards Wrote: I already contacted him, I didn't have to file a claim w/ eBay. The guy is going to take card of it, which is good. But could of been avoided if he protected it a little better.
Ouch, that does suck. I am glad the seller is taking care of you though, that is great to hear.

It sucks that it got damaged but I ship out cards all the time and never ship in a screw down or one touch even if it is $500+. That wasn't the sellers fault whatsoever you can only blame the mail service.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

Wow... That is a nasty ding. As bad as that top loader looks though, I don't know if even a screwdown would have survived such an impalement.
Reading the back of the insurance form, it may be covered by the USPS, if insured. IDK...

ouch. that stinks. If i send in a toploader i typically sandwich a few other junk cards around it with some tape or something to help.
no org, please do not send trade requests

That's terrible but it sounds like you got lucky, your seller seems to be understanding/helpful, unlike most other people's horror stories I've heard on here.
[Image: KingsSig2.jpg]
Looking for Lincecum, Wilson, Greenberg, Donte Greene, Kings and Giants

Horrible thing to happen to such a nice card. The card has some nice patches in it.