`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE BEST ROOKIE CLASS EVER?

RE: THE BEST ROOKIE CLASS EVER?
(08-18-2011, 01:17 PM)kennycooks Wrote: LOL i'm not trying to argue. I'm just curious what another fans perspective is. Obviously the jury is still out on how many HOFers will come from this class. I've just always considered it the best, being that I wasn't born until 1983.
At first glace I was going to say it was a decent draft class, but upon further review it is definitely a solid class that has potential for HOFers especially if they start electing kickers.

Drew Bledsoe
Willie Roaf
Jerome Bettis
Michael Strahan
Will Shields
John Lynch
Mark Brunell

not bad at all
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(08-17-2011, 09:15 PM)ugameck Wrote: cant base it on HOFers yet. 2004 isnt qualified for that. but can you really suggest that in my list, 5-7 won't be HOFers?

roethilsberger, manning, fitzgerald, steven jackson, phillip rivers - won't be in the HOF? i'm not even going to touch the defensive player - jared allen? you kidding me!

modern era - 2004 is hands down the best so far.
Gee, I though 1983 was still part of the modern era? No doubt 2004 has produced great players. I think they'll have a handful of players that will make the HOF. I'm kind of iffy on Manning, Jackson and Rivers on that list. True, if they continue to play at a high level the next several years I think they have a fair shot but what if they don't? I would doubt Manning will make it on his 1 SB alone, Philip Rivers is above average but Hof worthy at this point? I love Jackson and wish he could stay healthy but if you compare him with Eddie George stat wise and their style of running it would be difficult to make a case for him at this point. Where we stand 1983 IMO has enough credentials to be at the top of the class. The # of HOF and pro bowlers should speak for itself.
[Image: Kolb4.jpg]

(08-18-2011, 02:53 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: At first glace I was going to say it was a decent draft class, but upon further review it is definitely a solid class that has potential for HOFers especially if they start electing kickers.

Drew Bledsoe
Willie Roaf
Jerome Bettis
Michael Strahan
Will Shields
John Lynch
Mark Brunell

not bad at all
no enemies made here! you input has been crucial and key. the information given far outways all other arguments so far and i would say due to votes in this thread 1983 is head and shoulders above the rest. it will be interesting to have this conversation again 10 years from now that is for sure!
[Image: lions99.jpg]
BUCKET BELOW

http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/yy278/tracy08606/

always looking to trade or buy! I AM NOW SELLING ONLY WHAT IS IN ORG.

(08-18-2011, 04:34 PM)kolb 4 Wrote: Gee, I though 1983 was still part of the modern era? No doubt 2004 has produced great players. I think they'll have a handful of players that will make the HOF. I'm kind of iffy on Manning, Jackson and Rivers on that list. True, if they continue to play at a high level the next several years I think they have a fair shot but what if they don't? I would doubt Manning will make it on his 1 SB alone, Philip Rivers is above average but Hof worthy at this point? I love Jackson and wish he could stay healthy but if you compare him with Eddie George stat wise and their style of running it would be difficult to make a case for him at this point. Where we stand 1983 IMO has enough credentials to be at the top of the class. The # of HOF and pro bowlers should speak for itself.
modern era - i was suggesting last 25 years. sorry about that.

i don't compare steven jackson with eddie george - i think they are both fantastic backs and both are HOF.

Does anyone think that Wes Welker could eventually be a HOF wide receiver? He was a 2004 draft pick....just another name to throw out.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(08-18-2011, 01:49 AM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: Clearly your opinion is from a biased standpoint since I have to shut up about Atlanta, if you have done any convincing at all then that is surely it.

Chris Johnson
2008 - 251 attempts 1,228 yards
2009 - 358 attempts 2,006 yards
2010 - 316 attempts 1364 yards - didn't he say he was going to get 2500 yards?

Will they keep using him at a high pace and break him down? of course, that is why he wants his money right now.

Eddie George
1996 - 335 attempts 1,368 yards
1997 - 357 attempts 1,399 yards
1998 - 348 attempts 1,294 yards
1999 - 320 attempts 1,304 yards
2000 - 403 attempts 1,509 yards
2001 - 315 attempts 939 yards
2002 - 343 attempts 1,165 yards
2003 - 312 attempts 1,031 yards
2004 - 132 attempts 432 yards

And I think Warren Moon is the Icon of the Oliers, but that's just my opinion and I'm not going to tell you to shut up because your not from Houston or Tennessee. I like Matt Ryan and I think he will be the best Atlanta has ever had and will break any team records that Steve Bartkowski has, but don't forget Deion Sanders' five years there and he also played for the Braves. Keith Brooking was also an awesome Falcons player. I'm not even going to argue with you about Flacco. Good day.
Not biased. Just the truth. Not arguing with you.
Warren Moon was the face of the Oilers. Then McNair took them to the Super Bowl...
Deion and Brookings didn't take them to the playoffs. I like them both, but they aren't the leaders. When Vick did what he did to this team, organization, and the city, Matt Ryan became the savior.
I like George, but CJ is just better.
Flacco... He's a leader although quiet, he's their leader.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library