`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 98/99 UD CC Gold Starquest card that I had.

RE: The 98/99 UD CC Gold Starquest card that I had.
Beckett has a lot of good BV, but a lot of bad ones. Awesome Jagr. A Hasek just sold for 80. So that Jagr wad not only a great deal, but maybe the only time you will ever see it.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

Couple of thoughts on this subject:

I pulled a Theo Fleury a few years after the product was released. Traded it to a fellow Beckett member for (I think $30BV?) at the time. Regretted it ever since, but in no way did I feel the other trader did anything wrong. It is entirely possible he thought the card was worth the same amount I did.

Last year, maybe the year before, I won a Kariya off ebay for $35 and thought it was a deal. I held on to it for quite some time and traded it for $50BV to a Kariya collector here. I probably wouldn't have moved it, if not for the fact I thought it was going to a good home. That collector ended up selling it a few months later and got $60ish? for it on ebay. To be honest, I had mixed feeling about it but at the end of the day it was his card and his right to do whatever he wanted with it.

Fast forward to last week; a member on HI mentioned he had a Koivu available. I immediately offered him $75 for it and he accepted. Did I over pay? Maybe, but after waiting 12 years to see one, I wasn't taking any chances with an ebay auction. I will post a scan as soon as I get my scanner hooked up again (had a damn flood Monday night, nothing harmed but had to relocate the computer).

(08-11-2011, 10:02 AM)greg2424 Wrote: Fast forward to last week; a member on HI mentioned he had a Koivu available. I immediately offered him $75 for it and he accepted. Did I over pay? Maybe, but after waiting 12 years to see one, I wasn't taking any chances.
congrats on getting the Koivu! and I think since it is going to a great home you didn't over pay

at the end of the day, the thing happened in the past, we all have done a trade or two that we have regretted. or even a sale or buy as well, it is a hobby thou which i try to enjoy

a PM has been sent
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Who knows, the guy who got the card may not have even REALIZED that he got suck a great deal. I mean, I wasn't collecting back then, so if the guide had it priced at $25, that's what I would have traded for it. I may have even felt like I was getting the short end of the stick, after all, without knowing exactly how rare it is (which I never would have guessed) I would consider $25 overpaying for a parallel #'d to /100.

So it's hard to say that the guy took advantage of you, he may not even have known.

Just my 2 cents
Currently Collecting Patrick Roy, PK Subban and Carey Price.

My Bucket http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/adamslogik2/

Greg, is right once the card has been traded away that person has the right to do whatever they want with it. I guess the other assumption was that this trader realized the true bv on the card as well. I certainly have benefited once or twice from traders who helped me realize the real value of a card with or without the Beckett book.

About two years ago a buddy of mine traded me a Montreal Centennial Auto if Chris Nilan kind of as a throw in card in a trade. Nonoe of us realized the value of this card figuring it was one of the low end auto's. I put it up in trade on here and almost traded it away but a couple of members stepped in and let me know bv was probably in the $300 range -give or take a bit. Well, techinally the card belonged to me but I felt the moral and Christian thing to do was return it to its first owner. Thanks for helping out on that one Beckett Members!!!!