`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 98/99 UD CC Gold Starquest card that I had.

The 98/99 UD CC Gold Starquest card that I had.
So, I was pondering about a trade about 3 years ago, when I was an infant in this hobby, and I thought BV was god, and that was that.

Pavel Bure 1998-99 UD Collector's Choice Gold StarQuest /100

Way back when I had this card, I didn't know anything about the rarity, and it has a BV of 25. I made a trade for like 2 common GU at 15 BV to a very respected member of this hobby, who name will not be said. I thought this was a fair deal, until I learned about the rarity of this card, and some 90's inserts as well. Well people have been busting this product a lot lately, and I see so many people say that they never seen one, rarely they hit eBay, and there is like 1 every 20 CASES.

My main issue is how I gave up the card for nothing, and the gentlemen who has it, still does. Is it wrong for me to try and ask for it back? I feel cheated in a way, and it is something I would never do, and that is take advantage of a new trader. If I ever was able to get this card back, I'd keep it forever, and sell of any card, before that one. This would be the cornerstone of my hobby.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

RE: The 98/99 UD CC Gold Starquest card that I had.
Whether you now feel like you were cheated, it's the deal you made then.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(08-10-2011, 03:01 PM)wickabee Wrote: Whether you now feel like you were cheated, it's the deal you made then.
Well I don't blame the person at all for taking advantage of a new trader, I think it is wrong, but only ethical and not in any other way. I mean would you be happy if you traded a Crosby YG for a Carter YG? And then you realized later how lopsided it is?
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun

The biggest mistake I made was trading a Gretzky Quad JSY for several lower valued JSY cards. Now I look back and wish I'd kept it, and it might be considered "taking advantage." It was an equal BV trade, but it was lopsided in that Gretzky quad JSYs don't pop up for trade all that often, but the cards I got back (Sakic, Brodeur) do.
I'm not really happy about it, but I have to live with it.

(08-10-2011, 03:30 PM)wickabee Wrote: The biggest mistake I made was trading a Gretzky Quad JSY for several lower valued JSY cards. Now I look back and wish I'd kept it, and it might be considered "taking advantage." It was an equal BV trade, but it was lopsided in that Gretzky quad JSYs don't pop up for trade all that often, but the cards I got back (Sakic, Brodeur) do.
I'm not really happy about it, but I have to live with it.
That's the same with me, I thought it was fair. Again the trader did nothing wrong, just maybe a little unethical. But ill have to live with it too probably.
Always gone Thur-Sun

That sucks man, but you can't live in the past.
Deals a deal, go forward, and now you know.

Yup, as much as you want it back there is nothing you can do now.

Best of luck tracking another one down.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(08-10-2011, 07:30 PM)snobles Wrote: Yup, as much as you want it back there is nothing you can do now.

Best of luck tracking another one down.
+1
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Side story of how I got mine:

In 5+ years of seriously collecting Jagr's and actually having the money to buy his more valuable cards, I have only seen this baby once on the Bay. The seller had literally just listed the card and it had a $60 Buy It Now or Best Offer. I saw it probably within 30 minutes of it being listed and it already had 5 offers on it. I contemplated making an offer just to try to snag it cheap but hit the Buy it Now and it was one of my better purchases.

Sounds like the guy ripped you on the card. The BV on these should be 10X whatever Beckett actually lists them at.

[Image: img176.jpg]
Jaromir Jagr Collector

Jaromir Jagr Collection with scans - http://www.NHLsnipers.com/jaromir-jagr-collection

My Hockey Website - http://www.NHLsnipers.com

(08-10-2011, 09:37 PM)NHLsnipers Wrote: The BV on these should be 10X whatever Beckett actually lists them at.
+1000000