`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
howd i do

RE: howd i do
(08-10-2011, 10:08 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Just do what YOU want to do with your collection. Don't collect based on what others think or did as that is what worked for them. Not everybody collects the same which is pretty obvious when you just look at the pick-up and trade threads.
+1 Smile

Who is anyone to say one way of collecting is better than another? Personally I think it's extremely condescending (regardless of "I'm not trying to knock you" statements) to claim MY way of collecting is the right way and YOUR way of collecting is the wrong way.

Collect what you want, who you want, and how you want. Allow others the same courtesy.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I'm glad that everybody on here has come to the same conclusion.

Dodgy lol, no matter what you collect or how you collect, do it cause you want to. It seems that point has to be made across the forum every once in a while but its a good reminder of how fun and simple (when we want it to be) this hobby can be.

(08-11-2011, 09:44 AM)ceocards Wrote: +1 Smile

Who is anyone to say one way of collecting is better than another? Personally I think it's extremely condescending (regardless of "I'm not trying to knock you" statements) to claim MY way of collecting is the right way and YOUR way of collecting is the wrong way.

Collect what you want, who you want, and how you want. Allow others the same courtesy.
Absolutely.

And to be an encouragement to the OP. I started my mantle collection when I was a student with little extra money. Mickey Mantle is a unique collection because the prices of his vintage cards are astronomical compared to other stars of his time. I also started with lower end stuff with low grades. I always wanted to make sure the card was appealing to the eye (which is why writing on the back was no biggie), and would upgrade as I could. The thing about mantle cards is that even the poor condition cards will have a market for resale. So don't worry about what other people think about your collection. I am still super proud of my mantle collection, many of which have still yet to be upgraded to high grade versions.