`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
howd i do

howd i do
added these to my pc. may have overpaid a little, but i like em. howd i do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...K:MEWNX:IT
i think the relic is a 2006, not 2007

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...K:MEWNX:IT

RE: howd i do
Did you see the picture of the back of the 1962? It has writing all over it
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

crap, i didnt Sad

(08-10-2011, 02:54 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Did you see the picture of the back of the 1962? It has writing all over it
Could just file a claim as "Item not as described" with Paypal, however, some may think you should just bite the bullet as he did have a picture of the back posted on the auction..
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

I don't think it would matter much to me. It's not in a condition you would want to have graded anyway. Corners and edges are pretty rough, but it's still a 1962 Mickey Mantle! To me, it's still a really cool card to own for $13!! If I had bought it and it was in mint condition, but the back was written on, then it would be different.

(08-10-2011, 04:48 PM)cheetos Wrote: Could just file a claim as "Item not as described" with Paypal, however, some may think you should just bite the bullet as he did have a picture of the back posted on the auction..
I think it'd be shady to file an "Item not described" claim since there was a picture showing the back.

However, maybe you can contact the seller and say you overlooked the picture of the back and see if he will just give it to the next highest bidder. Some seller's are pretty cool and understand that people overlook things on accident sometimes. Doesn't hurt to ask if you're having second thoughts now after seeing the writing.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

I've seen all the low end Mickey Mantle stuff you've been picking up lately. Between the ones you got at your local shop, traded, for and now gotten on eBay you could have gotten one fairly nice one.

It's great that you have a passion for collecting, and it's great that you have a player you love like Mickey Mantle. Yes, Mantle is an 'expensive' player that makes him hard to collect, but I've done some basic math on all your recent pickups and it looks like when you started you could have gotte yourself a fairly nice, graded Mantle.

I don't mean to knock you, and please don't take offense at this. I just personally feel that one solid Mantle is far superior to a dozen beat up cards.

If you like them and are satisfied, then you did great.

I think you did really good. I don't think you overpaid at all really.

Like Bill said, if you like them and are happy, then you did awesome. Not only that, but you probably got a good deal on average for each one that you got rather than more likely overpaying for just one card that someone will want alot of money for.
(08-10-2011, 05:30 PM)bigguy219 Wrote: I've seen all the low end Mickey Mantle stuff you've been picking up lately. Between the ones you got at your local shop, traded, for and now gotten on eBay you could have gotten one fairly nice one.

It's great that you have a passion for collecting, and it's great that you have a player you love like Mickey Mantle. Yes, Mantle is an 'expensive' player that makes him hard to collect, but I've done some basic math on all your recent pickups and it looks like when you started you could have gotte yourself a fairly nice, graded Mantle.

I don't mean to knock you, and please don't take offense at this. I just personally feel that one solid Mantle is far superior to a dozen beat up cards.
Dodgy Eh, I guess its better but don't you think when he gets that nice one, he will be able to show it off with the others that he has gotten?

Have you followed my purchases too?! lol I wanna know how I did.

(08-10-2011, 07:19 PM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: I think you did really good. I don't think you overpaid at all really.

Like Bill said, if you like them and are happy, then you did awesome. Not only that, but you probably got a good deal on average for each one that you got rather than more likely overpaying for just one card that someone will want alot of money for.

Dodgy Eh, I guess its better but don't you think when he gets that nice one, he will be able to show it off with the others that he has gotten?

Have you followed my purchases too?! I wanna know how I did.
When I first started collecting I bought cards in very low condition because I wanted to have 'a lot' of cards of big players, like Mickey Mantle.

Over time I realized I had made a mistake and should have bought less cards, of greater quality. Quality is always better than quality.

I would personally rather have 1 $100 card than 15 $10 cards. That's just how I feel, and many of my friends feel this way. Unfortunately, we only found this out after years of 'wasting' on getting together 'a lot' of cards.

I'm just trying to spare this guy a costly lesson that many of us have learned.

As an example, last week I sold forty 'low end' jersey/bat cards and then bought one 'high end' patch card. I am much happier with the one super card, than I was with the 40 meh cards.

And to answer your point, once I got vintage cards in 'nice' condition, I became very self-conscious about the ones in 'bad' condition. Pretty soon I stopped bringing them where I went, stopped showing them, and just focused on the quality ones.

The sad fact is, it took me about 10 years to realize the quality over quantity lesson. Now I'm selling, usually at a loss, to give my collection the quality factor.

If someone doesn't have money, I can totally understand. But I've watched this guy spend about $200, and trade some nice cards, for some 'low end' Mantle cards. I just think in 5 years, plus/minus a year, he'll look back and say, "Damn. I wish I had gotten a nicer card."

I'm just trying to give him the benefit of some painful financial lessons I, and others, have learned.