Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mega kudos to beckett

RE: Mega kudos to beckett
wow, this fire is really burning....let me add some gasoline to it:

So prospect cards are considered "inserts", therefore they can't be rookie cards.

So then why does the "mlb rc" logo appear on the gold border cards in bowman? The gold cards are parallels, AKA inserts, and can't be considered rookie cards then.

, Wowthis fire is an inferno now

**bangs head more**

(06-22-2011, 08:38 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it aint you. it's this tired argument. it's making me twitchy
Lol, been beat in the ground a little to much huh?! I remember reading the article in beckett a while back about the difference but I guess I have heard so many different arguments on both sides it seems like something that could be a very heated discussion on CNN or Fox or something like that.lol

The news guy in the middle with 2 very different point of views on the right and left.
(06-22-2011, 09:03 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: **bangs head more**

LMAO!

(06-22-2011, 09:03 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: **bangs head more**

+1
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

In this case it would have been great to use the forum search. you will find a plethora on this very topic. go down to the bottom on the page and see "search forum" type in true rookie or whats a true rookie and you will see multiple threads on this very same subject.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

I refuse to have anyone dictate what a rookie card is to me. 2010 Shelby Miller Bowman Chrome auto is a rookie card to me. His cards that come out when he makes his debut 2012-13 whenever it is will never be considered rookie cards by me. Beckett and Topps and MLB and other collectors can recognize it however they want.
[Image: 374.gif][Image: 1337.gif]

(06-23-2011, 09:46 AM)jerodc10 Wrote: I refuse to have anyone dictate what a rookie card is to me. 2010 Shelby Miller Bowman Chrome auto is a rookie card to me. His cards that come out when he makes his debut 2012-13 whenever it is will never be considered rookie cards by me. Beckett and Topps and MLB and other collectors can recognize it however they want.
That is fine..as long as you do not represent it as a RC for sale when the Beckett etc do not recognize it as a RC. Since it is a prospect card it is not a RC per definition. But for your PC etc..call it a RC...

(06-21-2011, 08:06 PM)011873 Wrote: The new multi sport issue is awesome in that the focus is on kids and collecting.

On top of that, a collecting q&a for beginners and good tips for all.
I agree. I like that it targets kids without looking or having articles that seem kiddie (for lack of a better word). Its a cool issue. I know if I was a kid that collected, I would buy it.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(06-22-2011, 04:12 PM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question but just trying to understand. Bowman cards post 2005 are inserts of the players if they are in their first pro year?

Hope this makes since.
In 2005 and before the players who were prospects (i.e. minor leaguers shown in MLB uniforms) were part of the numbered basic set. I.e. 1-500.

These days, there's a basic set 1-220 and a 110-card prospects set that has separate numbering BP1-110 or something like that.

Insert cards have NEVER been tagged as RCS. Ever. Period. End of sentence. (That's why that aspect is not mentioned in the BSCM blurb.)

(06-22-2011, 08:58 PM)011873 Wrote: wow, this fire is really burning....let me add some gasoline to it:

So prospect cards are considered "inserts", therefore they can't be rookie cards.

So then why does the "mlb rc" logo appear on the gold border cards in bowman? The gold cards are parallels, AKA inserts, and can't be considered rookie cards then.

, Wowthis fire is an inferno now
That's an inconsistency between the companies and the cataloging standard. They're parallels of the cards so they didnt take the logos off. But, again, not RCs -- just like International parallels and Refractors are not RCs in past year (pre-logo).

(06-23-2011, 09:46 AM)jerodc10 Wrote: I refuse to have anyone dictate what a rookie card is to me. 2010 Shelby Miller Bowman Chrome auto is a rookie card to me. His cards that come out when he makes his debut 2012-13 whenever it is will never be considered rookie cards by me. Beckett and Topps and MLB and other collectors can recognize it however they want.
Generally speaking, that was my answer to all of this in the one other thread about it... collect however/whichever you want.

(However, your preference won't be reflected in the tagging.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)