`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mega kudos to beckett

Mega kudos to beckett
The new multi sport issue is awesome in that the focus is on kids and collecting.

On top of that, a collecting q&a for beginners and good tips for all.

Now, how about the next baseball issue have an in depth feature regarding the "what is and what isn't" a rc?

RE: Mega kudos to beckett
Isn't everybody sick of that topic?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(06-21-2011, 08:22 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Isn't everybody sick of that topic?
Yea. I think we concluded that we can't all agree on what defines a rookie card and it doesn't really matter. Like someone said earlier, I'm sure collectors had the same debate in '87 with McGwire. Some probably said it couldn't be his rookie. Its an Olympic card and he wasn't a rookie in '85.

Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

The rookie card issue is not an issue. Pre-2005, it's a player's first card in an MLB set that isn't an insert card.

For 2006 and forward, it's the RC logo card unless they had a card in previous years. (All first Bowman cards 2006 forward are insert cards.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

(06-22-2011, 03:17 PM)chrisolds Wrote: (All first Bowman cards 2006 forward are insert cards.)
I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question but just trying to understand. Bowman cards post 2005 are inserts of the players if they are in their first pro year?

Hope this makes since.

Bowman's "Prospect" cards are technically insert cards. Not the green-bordered rookies

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(06-22-2011, 04:29 PM)ceocards Wrote: Bowman's "Prospect" cards are technically insert cards. Not the green-bordered rookies
Gotcha. Prospect is insert and green bordered bowman is rookie. Pardon my french but that's some pretty dumb technical crap. Just seems simple enough to call first card produced of player in first pro year a "True RC" and his actual rookie season card a "RC." Maybe I don't have as good an argument as some do on here or have done my "homework" as others have, but it just seems like that it would make since like that. IMO I guess if they don't make a card of a player that's not a draft pick but rises through the minors, his first card would be a true RC. Right? Or am I way off?

**bangs head**

(06-22-2011, 06:38 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: **bangs head**
I apologize Sensei! Please FORGIVE ME! **bows head in reverence**

(06-22-2011, 07:46 PM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: I apologize Sensei! Please FORGIVE ME! **bows head in reverence**
it aint you. it's this tired argument. it's making me twitchy