`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 packs Rising Rookies, 2 packs Prestige, 1 pack Sweet Spots

10 packs Rising Rookies, 2 packs Prestige, 1 pack Sweet Spots
Went to my local LCS for my weekly visit. Knew I wasn't looking to buy a box today, just some packs..

Opened the Prestige first... nothing at all. Thought for a second I hit a Julio Jones draft day auto, but it was just the draft day base. My friend hit a Delone Carter helmet auto, which he then traded to me. He did the right thing.

Next up was Sweet Spots. I guess the allure here was the fact that I never bought a single pack of this in 2010, which means everything I opened would not run the risk of being a double. got a few nice cards.. Welker and AP base, Mendenhall jersey. Could have been worse, my friend hit a Kevin Smith. Advantage me.

Finally was the Rising Rookies. I started by buying three packs. Just like with the Prestige, I thought I hit a Locker auto. Nope. Nothing. Bought two more. Had to hit something here. Nope. Nothing. Okay, let's get two more. Certainly I was going to get something. NOPE. NOTHING. Three packs left in the box. Is it possible that all the hits had been bought. I figured, eh, might as well clear the rest of the losers out and he'll open a new box, and I can start in there. First pack nothing. Here we go I think. Owner says, "What the hell is wrong with this box, I haven't seen you get a hit. Let me open a pack and see if I have better luck." I hand him the pack. He opens it, says you got something in this one, open the other first though. So I open the last one. NOTHING. At this point I'm thinking that I got the leftovers of the box. All the hits were taken and I get all the base cards and some inserts. At least I got a hit in the pack the owner opens... Couldn't wait to see my Greg Salas auto [no offense to any of his fans, just trying to make emphatic point]. So I look through and it is a REDEMPTION.

Okay TOPPS.... I've hit THREE autos in your product this year and all THREE were REDEMPTIONS!!!! So I look at the names.

Cam Newton / Nick Fairley Dual Auto /25.

Ok, I can deal with waiting.

RE: 10 packs Rising Rookies, 2 packs Prestige, 1 pack Sweet Spots
I would be interested in the Salas auto if it is for trade?

PM me if you see anything for it

http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/ac215...?start=all
[Image: jpcisco.jpg]

Collecting: Jake Locker,Sam Bradford, Colt Mccoy, Eric Berry, Jason Witten, Luke Stocker, Denarius Moore, Austin Pettis, Lance Kendricks, Greg Salas, Robert Quinn and anything that catches my eye!

Any DRC or Pat Devlin cards?

(06-15-2011, 07:03 PM)jpcisco Wrote: I would be interested in the Salas auto if it is for trade?

PM me if you see anything for it

http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/ac215...?start=all
I was using Salas as an example. I didn't actually get one. I was just trying to say that the box was bad and I figured the autograph I hit was one that was fairly common.

Sweet!!
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

That's a HUGE hit. Congrats and well worth the wait
[Image: scan0058-2-1.jpg][/URL]
[Image: scan0049-1_zpsa96ce2c3.jpg][/URL]

(06-15-2011, 07:21 PM)lpearce7 Wrote: That's a HUGE hit. Congrats and well worth the wait
No joke, I had you in mind when I hit it. I'm kinda stoked, even though I'm not a huge Newton or Auburn fan. I never hit anything like this, minus the Daniel Thomas /5 from this set last week, and there an obvious difference between that and this.

They are showing it isnt shipping until almost October. Hit something sweet before then and this can be yours!

Nice dual jeliouse
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Do you still have the Jones Draft day?

The Jones draft day is an insert and not part of the base set. It is not of him holding the jersey if that is what you are wondering.