`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Massive Shift In How This Site Works

RE: Massive Shift In How This Site Works
(10-04-2014, 10:34 PM)Mike7149 Wrote: Hear me out. In order to trade one must pay Beckett. Personally I do not feel the need to pay anyone for the right to trade, but that is a different story. My idea here though, is for every person that does pay, to maximize their money. Other sites, selling sites, are similar to this idea, in that they are a 3rd party service provider. What I mean by this, in regards to Beckett, is that Beckett would operate as a 3rd party for all those who desire to trade on here. If a person lists a card for trade in their organize, those cards are mailed to a Beckett location for safe keeping and storage. Now, if you're like me and need your cards handy at all times to look at, sell/trade locally etc. this idea won't work. International, and our military members here may greatly benefit from this as well though! Once all loaded cards are sent and catalogued with Beckett's 3rd party facility, trading can begin. Trading would still be be performed on here the way it is now, but when a trade is agreed upon, the cards would ship from the 3rd party Beckett location. Shipping costs would be paid for by the trading parties using paypal (sorry for those that go to the PO still, but paypal shipping is cheaper and much easier for my idea). Now, i understand that there are many caveats and likely holes in my idea, but after reading up on a lack of mods, disappearing scammers, and vanishing traders, I started to brainstorm an idea to eliminate a lot of mess, while maximizing the fact that people here pay to trade. Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I personally see nothing wrong with paying Beckett to trade on their website. They offer something not many others do. A fairly complete database where you can list every card you have which IMO streamlines the trading process. To me it is much easier than browsing a bucket then having to look up the BV on the cards in the bucket. You are paying for the simplification of the process and the service of the beckett database. It may not be perfect, but at least for me I very rarely have any issues with the organize and trading features.
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

Messages In This Thread
RE: Massive Shift In How This Site Works - by Gtbrian23 - 10-05-2014, 07:38 AM