`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my first submission back and have a question

RE: Got my first submission back and have a question
My guess is your item was a newer chrome type item where determining centering isn't as much a factor and where corners, surface , and edges perhaps can make or break the final grade in the algorithm. Sounds like your algorithm is a 10/30/30/30 type where the centering is hard to tell on the item and the other 3 carry equal weight. Two of your grades (corners/edges) being 60% weighted would drag that final grade to what it is.

As a "general" rule of thumb characteristics that affect "eye appeal" are generally given most weight.

Now on some issues - say Topps base cards from most years, food issues, and any item with apparent side borders - centering & corners may be the two eye appeals to watch for. Ever notice we can visually see diamond canting in a Topps card but cannot somehow visually use the same visual type queues in say 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice ?

With newer stuff centering may not be as readily apparent- so corners surface, or even edges may carry more weight in the "eye appeal" ( think Panini Prizm, Bowman Chrome, Topps Chrome). Edges play a huge factor in many thicker memorabilia items for example.

All depends on the particular items.

Jeff

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got my first submission back and have a question - by jeffv96masters - 11-20-2013, 02:27 AM