`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to buy: a case, a bunch of various boxes, or a case break?

RE: What to buy: a case, a bunch of various boxes, or a case break?
(05-29-2013, 09:48 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: I am not sure the price of Bowman Platinum but for my money, or your $800 in this case, get as many boxes as you can. You can pull autos of Trout, Strasburg, Jesus Montero(I know he got sent down), Dustin Ackley (See the parenthetical after Montero), Jackie Bradly Jr. This product is actually fully loaded. Moreover, it is two autos plus an auto relic per box and there is a box topper auto redemption in every other box it seems. 1 in 5 of those is Freddie Freeman. This is just my opinion but I loved this stuff. Also, it is loaded with base rooks like, Stras, Posey, Stanton, Doubront, Castro etc etc etc.

Do you own a brick and morter? If so, are you in Massachusetts?

As much as this is a cool product, Bowman products, other than Chrome, have a history of just not holding their value. I personally love the other products but if you are looking for one single case, I would not go with a Bowman product.

Since you are likely using them for your lots, I suggest Allen and Ginter or the new Topps Archives. You get a TON of cool cards that would be awesome in your lots. Archives has all those sick insert sets that people would love to get a card or two of. Sounds like you won't be able to get a master set from an Archives case but you could finish off the main set and the SP set so you could sell those separate and you won't be stuck with a bunch of base.
I'm sure you've already considered this but you could always buy one of the massive GU/Auto collections on Huggins and Scott or Heritage. Not as much fun as breaking but you get cool stuff that will fill up those lots pretty fast.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to buy: a case, a bunch of various boxes, or a case break? - by jstbuch - 05-30-2013, 06:20 PM