`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have SGC 98 Jeter, how irrelevant is SGC?

RE: Have SGC 98 Jeter, how irrelevant is SGC?
(06-07-2012, 07:29 AM)scottishpunk Wrote: Hence, the "good enough" comment. I don't disagree that 99.9% of the time the card is stored in a box and will be fine. However, the handful of PSA cards that I have owned all moved so much that by just handing the card to somebody , you can feel it move a little. Doesn't present a feeling of trust inside the holder at all.

This is exactly what I was referring to when I posted my previous post.
The same goes for my only SGC card.

Quote:Additionally, what do some of you do with your cards that causes them to be damaged in the first place in the slabs? Use them as the "ball" in a game of football? If I sat there and shook the heck out of my slabs, sure there will be damage but I can't for the life of me imagine why I would sit there and do that anyway unless it's to make some sort of "point". Heck, shake the BGS slab hard enough and the card moves in the inner sleeve as well.

I was not referring to this at all, I simply received the card from eBay and simply removing it from the envelope made it rattle around. So either it happened in shipping, (which I doubt it. because the case looks brand new,) or PSA / SGC did not secure / seal the slab very well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have SGC 98 Jeter, how irrelevant is SGC? - by flygonfrank - 06-08-2012, 01:54 PM