`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
-mbostick

Wow, I would be ticked off too so your feelings are understandable.

I guess the online checklist for those 1996 redemption card is incomplete if you were able to pull a Tony Banks (ironically). On a side note I did notice that there is a Troy Aikman auto helmet with a Score Board COA being sold online now.

It would be perhaps very difficult to compile an accurate directory of where all these autographed memorabilia items specifically came from if you are now stating that they also were sold via retail chains as well, not that it is that vital to know for sure I guess.

By the way, I enjoyed looking through all those Steve Young and Tony Gonzales items that you shared with us this week. I could make an argument that most of those items noted should qualify to be listed in the Beckett annual price guide and OPG. For various reasons the only items that I could see the Beckett staff not listing would be the 1997 Leaf Signature ink variations, the 1991 Upper Deck foil variations, the Bodyslide Steve Young tag, and the 2012 Certified comma versions. I am not speaking for the Beckett staff though.

To my knowledge historically those annual price guides always listed collectibles which are not cards. I can imagine that it’s a slippery slope for Beckett when determining what to include and not to include though. I rhetorically ask - where do you draw the line? I guess there are certain parameters that they have. Personally as an example I would think bobble heads should be included, which they are not with the exception to those manufactured by one of the major card companies.

I would like to share my observations about some of the items that you noted beginning on post 318.

-QVC glass encased auto cards
The thought that one card company is taking another company’s cards, getting them autographed, and then reselling them is wild. If one company bought out another company and then proceeded to do that it would make more sense, but this is not the case here. Personally though I would not mind if the QVC auto slabs were categorized, especially the ones that are different from the pack inserted or redeemed cards. An example would be the 1996 Kerry Collins Pro Line Blue Foil auto. The pack inserted ones are not hand numbered but the QVC ones are numbered to 1,996.

-2005 Ultra Cadillac Escalade card
Earlier on this thread I noted that the similar 1999 Fleer Tradition White Rose die cast cards should be added to the OPG since the 2001 Ultra ones are, for example. Beckett has only priced the variant card in the 2001 Ultra die cast car package. Hopefully this example and your shown Escalade card will eventually be logged in to the system. It is even more logical since the cards in both examples are apparently variations.

-Peter David pins
I actually own a couple of Kerry Collins ones myself. One looks very similar to the Steve Young ones as shown while the other shows a profile of the back of his jersey. Both have 1997 copyrights on the back. Prior I never knew the history of these pins. I always assumed they were novelty items given away exclusively at home football games.

-Pro Mag and Tag Super Bowl stamp variations.
In your description of the above listed items you mentioned the sister thread, or more like a “spinoff” of this thread depending how one looks at it, questioning the existence of certain cards. I actually did start that thread and I did mention among other examples that I had my doubts that Super Bowl stamped version existed for the Mags and Tags, however I was only referring to the 1994 sets. I never looked into the subsequent year sets.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 07-18-2014, 08:29 PM