`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ever purposely buy poorer, yet cheaper, condition cards?

RE: Ever purposely buy poorer, yet cheaper, condition cards?
Thank you all for taking the time to share your comments and some good stories as well. There are really no wrong answers or theories on collecting based on condition. Everybody has their own parameters that they follow which makes all the differing opinions interesting.

I have since bought a good number of cards from the 50's and late 40's. In some cases I found the same cards listed multiple times by different sellers. There are a number of instances when I have to decide which defects I can live with and which ones that I can not. One card is well centered but has a couple bad corners while another has near perfect corners but noticeable surface scratches - you get the idea.

I am amazed that there are cards that I have seen listed which have a lot of wear and have sold for respectable prices or have rather high BIN asking prices. One of these days I hope to own a few of those 1935 Chicles. I just need to wait for a couple nicely priced ones to fly under the listing radar.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever purposely buy poorer, yet cheaper, condition cards? - by nittany13 - 11-25-2014, 10:29 PM