`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013

RE: Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013
I'm not personally invested in Braun but if you look at my sig you can see a couple names of PED users/accused/etc.

On one end of the spectrum, I think Bonds had a really good response one time (after he retired) where he said something to the effect of "I was paid to entertain you, were you entertained?"

On the other end of the spectrum I remember reading an ESPN article a few months ago about the Twins minor league organization in the early 90's and how 1 guy made it to the pros out of the 4 that were expected too. He was a user. The others weren't. Those 3 while harboring no ill will towards their friend, did hold a grudge with the concept of "players that use PEDs" because it took their dreams away from them.

So all in all, I'm sort of wishy/washy on the subject. I played the game, love the game, but am not such a purist to think there's never been any wrong doing. I mostly just want PEDs as a story to go away. Either cut em cold turkey and ban everyone and test daily and go hardcore...or simply walk away and let them use whatever they want to use.

There are 2 things that bother me about all of this though:

1. If they truly cared about the pureness of the game, they would have cleaned it up, and still can. But Selig has shown multiple times he cares about the money and trying to compete with the other commishes (my interpretation of events). He has never shown any signs of caring for the players who make his league all the money. The other commishes at least feign caring for their players and careers lol

2. I'm mostly concerned for the kids, not necessarily the ones who collect or watch but don't play because they really aren't at too much risk. But the ones who play and see the stats these guys put up and feel they need an edge to live out their dreams. It doesn't get publicized much but there are a lot of cases of junior high and high school age kids being seriously messed up from the PEDs they've tried.

In the end, I stick with my PC guys through thick and thin though because they are the guys who have entertained me as Bonds stated it. Yes I've taken a lot of flack for some of them being in my PC lol

Messages In This Thread
Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013 - by pyr0punk - 07-22-2013, 04:58 PM
RE: Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013 - by muz0 - 07-22-2013, 05:34 PM
RE: Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013 - by Haze28 - 07-23-2013, 03:00 AM
RE: Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013 - by aktlingit - 07-22-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013 - by Haze28 - 07-23-2013, 06:24 AM
RE: Ryan Braun Suspended rest of 2013 - by rollx8 - 07-24-2013, 06:49 PM