`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What % of BV is a card worth...

RE: What % of BV is a card worth...
My feeling, as a buyer and sometimes a seller, is that a card or a set of cards is really only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I haven't looked at a BV in years. Generally, when listing something on eBay, I'll search for it on the site and base my asking price on whatever others are asking. Or else I begin an auction at $1 and let the bidders make the market (the caveat to this is that sometimes you obviously feel like you're getting screwed). For a Fixed Price listing, I'll also give the option to make a best offer, and I've had a good deal of success that way (ie someone will usually make me a fair offer. Of course, there's always the odd lowball offer but you can always counter or reject).

One thing that bothers me from a buyers' perspective is a seller who will trumpet a card's BV, or, in the case of a best offer, reject my offer and make some indignant remark about a card's BV. Or their expectation of what their card will sell for is completely out of whack with what anyone would logically pay for it (this is at least how I see it). If a seller is going to take that sort of a tactic, then why even give the option of making a best offer?
Collects New York Mets and San Francisco 49ers. Sells mostly old junk wax that I don't have room for anymore.

Messages In This Thread
What % of BV is a card worth... - by eenrique25 - 03-01-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: What % of BV is a card worth... - by djohn - 03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
RE: What % of BV is a card worth... - by mrhoboken - 03-05-2013, 09:26 PM