`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people insist on using PWE?

RE: Why do people insist on using PWE?
(09-19-2012, 03:11 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: Because cards sent in PWE are machine sorted. Cards shipped in bubble mailers that are 3/4 inch thick are hand sorted. If you've ever seen a machine sorter at work you definitely wouldn't want to put a card through it. They go through rollers which bend the card and if its too rigid it gets stuck and chewed up. Use paypal shipping and you can ship in a bubble mailer with DC for like $1.64.

Not necessarily - if they are 'rigid' (which they would be if you use a toploader and/or cardboard) they are non-machinable and subject to a 20c surcharge (ie 65c instead of 45c)

In the rare instances that I use PWEs I always pay the 20c surcharge and mark them non-machinable.

I've probably received 400-500 cards in trades/sales/etc in PWEs, and have had only one arrived damaged. I have sent probably the same amount and have never had anyone say they received it damaged. Using proper methods, and when both parties agree, it's a viable shipping alternative.

But the point of the thread isn't whether or not you or I would use them. I have a problem leaving feedback based on "what might have been" - it's supposed to be about the actual trade itself, not 'what could have happened (but didn't)'

I understand others have different opinions - that's just mine.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do people insist on using PWE? - by ceocards - 09-19-2012, 06:12 PM