`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people insist on using PWE?

RE: Why do people insist on using PWE?
(09-19-2012, 03:11 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: Because cards sent in PWE are machine sorted. Cards shipped in bubble mailers that are 3/4 inch thick are hand sorted. If you've ever seen a machine sorter at work you definitely wouldn't want to put a card through it. They go through rollers which bend the card and if its too rigid it gets stuck and chewed up. Use paypal shipping and you can ship in a bubble mailer with DC for like $1.64.
That also requires me buying a printer which I don't own. Again I Take precautions to protect the card and further more, many larger envelopes like bubble mailers are machine sorted as well.

Is this thing on?

(09-19-2012, 03:11 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: Because cards sent in PWE are machine sorted. Cards shipped in bubble mailers that are 3/4 inch thick are hand sorted. If you've ever seen a machine sorter at work you definitely wouldn't want to put a card through it. They go through rollers which bend the card and if its too rigid it gets stuck and chewed up. Use paypal shipping and you can ship in a bubble mailer with DC for like $1.64.
Not necessarily - if they are 'rigid' (which they would be if you use a toploader and/or cardboard) they are non-machinable and subject to a 20c surcharge (ie 65c instead of 45c)

In the rare instances that I use PWEs I always pay the 20c surcharge and mark them non-machinable.

I've probably received 400-500 cards in trades/sales/etc in PWEs, and have had only one arrived damaged. I have sent probably the same amount and have never had anyone say they received it damaged. Using proper methods, and when both parties agree, it's a viable shipping alternative.

But the point of the thread isn't whether or not you or I would use them. I have a problem leaving feedback based on "what might have been" - it's supposed to be about the actual trade itself, not 'what could have happened (but didn't)'

I understand others have different opinions - that's just mine.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I believe the actual point of this thread is why do people use PWE's. Subject too, doesn't mean they actually are marked as such. As for the feedback, I didn't read any mention of him dinging his feedback score, only putting a note in his feedback that the trader sends in a PWE. I have no issue with as its true. I might have missed it, but if thats all he did, he did nothing wrong. If i shipped out a card (you needed for a set or a play collection) in only a penny sleeve with the address wrote on it (the penny sleeve) I'm sure you'd be ticked off even if it came undamaged. Perhaps we have different views though because you use PWEs and I don't though so I am a bit one sided in the whole matter.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(09-19-2012, 06:41 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: I believe the actual point of this thread is why do people use PWE's. Subject too, doesn't mean they actually are marked as such. As for the feedback, I didn't read any mention of him dinging his feedback score, only putting a note in his feedback that the trader sends in a PWE. I have no issue with as its true. I might have missed it, but if thats all he did, he did nothing wrong. If i shipped out a card (you needed for a set or a play collection) in only a penny sleeve with the address wrote on it (the penny sleeve) I'm sure you'd be ticked off even if it came undamaged. Perhaps we have different views though because you use PWEs and I don't though so I am a bit one sided in the whole matter.
I would be annoyed if I had shipped it bubble mailer, and the trader on the other end shipped it PWE. In my opinion that would warrant a $1.50 paypal transfer to break even! If you feel like going that road... Or you could do what was mentioned earlier in sending a message that PWE without prior consent is not okay by any means.

It's all about communication people!

FWIW, I am getting annoyed with Ebay sellers charging 3 for shipping, stating their shipping methods and then shipping PWE to the contrary. If I wasn't so concerned about them ruining my 100% feedback in a retaliatory action, I'd start flagging them.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(09-19-2012, 06:51 PM)petillo64 Wrote: I would be annoyed if I had shipped it bubble mailer, and the trader on the other end shipped it PWE. In my opinion that would warrant a $1.50 paypal transfer to break even! If you feel like going that road... Or you could do what was mentioned earlier in sending a message that PWE without prior consent is not okay by any means.

It's all about communication people!

FWIW, I am getting annoyed with Ebay sellers charging 3 for shipping, stating their shipping methods and then shipping PWE to the contrary. If I wasn't so concerned about them ruining my 100% feedback in a retaliatory action, I'd start flagging them.
I'm pretty sure sellers can't leave negatives on ebay right now, just positive or leave feedback later are the two options they give me when leaving feedback for buyers. Maybe they can but have to go through a more lengthy process, I don't know.

The only cards I ever received damaged were a purchase off of ebay, and they were in the old flimsy toploaders, placed in a bubble mailer. Have never received anything damaged in a pwe in over 15 years.
1,254 unique Chipper Jones
317 unique Javy Lopez

(09-19-2012, 06:51 PM)petillo64 Wrote: It's all about communication people!
The foundation of any good sale, trade, or well, anything. Yet, it baffles me that it apparently continues to not happen so frequently.

(09-19-2012, 07:04 PM)northflacards Wrote: I'm pretty sure sellers can't leave negatives on ebay right now, just positive or leave feedback later are the two options they give me when leaving feedback for buyers. Maybe they can but have to go through a more lengthy process, I don't know.

The only cards I ever received damaged were a purchase off of ebay, and they were in the old flimsy toploaders, placed in a bubble mailer. Have never received anything damaged in a pwe in over 15 years.
Good to know! Thanks

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint