`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW Additions to Irbe "In Other(s) Words" (#9 and #10)

NEW Additions to Irbe "In Other(s) Words" (#9 and #10)
Hello all, by this point, I am sure that you are all familiar with my little project, aptly named "In Other(s) Words". If you are not, I will give you a quick rundown. What I do is I get former teammates, opponents, coaches, or other former NHL goaltenders to write a comment about Arturs Irbe and sign their names on base cards of Irbe's.

The idea has been a hit all over North America, as "In the Game" employees have expressed their enjoyment of my project, and a certain company (Leaf) had even knocked off my idea in a 2011-12 (football or basketball) product of theirs. I have been informed that Archie Irbe himself had been given the link to my webpage as well, so that is very neat!

Before I get into the show and tell, I want to give a mega-super-thank you to my good friend Tim, aka TurcoCollector3, for getting me these two items, #9 and #10 in my "In Other(s) Words" project. He took time out of his busy schedule to approach one of the athletes during a Winnipeg Jets public skate over a week ago, and to approach another former goalie who owns a hobby shop in Winnipeg. The help is much appreciated and will never be forgotten!

So, now that the project re-iteration and my patented mega-super-thank you are taken care of, it is now time to move onto the show.

#9 in the project, an honest take on Irbe from a former teammate of his:

Wade Flaherty wrote "Latvia Born Star"

[Image: wadeflahertyinotherwords.jpg]

#10 in the project, a hilarious comment by an old-school goaltender:

Joe 'The Holy Goalie' Daley wrote "My old equipment looked newer!"

[Image: joedaleyinotherwords.jpg]

They go great with Fuhr, Ranford, Cheevers, Buchberger, Hunter, Moog, Hrudey, and McLean!

Comments are always appreciated, and thanks again Tim!

Messages In This Thread
NEW Additions to Irbe "In Other(s) Words" (#9 and #10) - by irbefan4life - 07-24-2012, 05:29 PM