`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT-Breaking news: Obama orders all US troops out of Iraq by 12/31

RE: Breaking news: Obama orders all US troops out of Iraq by 12/31
(10-21-2011, 03:06 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: It is definitely a strange feeling knowing that the Iraq campaign is ending after spending time over there. Every time I think about it, I still feel like there is unfinished business. Very weird feeling.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that if we left 5 years ago or 50 years from now there would always be unfinished business. That society is not capable of transitioning into ours (completely) any more than ours could transition into theirs. At some point I believe we need to stop building or fixing other countries and start repairing our own. Put it this way, in no way can I imagine a scenario in which ANY other world power comes to the US to try to help us fix our problems. I understand that some of those nations we are in are light years behind us on basically every level, but we can't fix everybody. And please understand, I was 100% for going to war when it began...I just don't think in the current world economy that any country can afford to spend trillions of dollars occupying other nations. There are too many other issues at play.

And to any who have responded who have served, thank you.
(10-21-2011, 02:32 PM)natejeffries Wrote: This plan has been in the works for a long time and was not that much of a surprise but it is long overdue.

I know they planned it back in 2008 but since when do ANY of those plans actually come to fruition? I didn't expect it to actually happen.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking news: Obama orders all US troops out of Iraq by 12/31 - by cmccart8 - 10-21-2011, 03:22 PM