`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Card In Beckett Organize?

RE: Is This Card In Beckett Organize?
Action Packed used to make a lot of different promo/prototype cards in the early to mid 90s. These were not Prototypes that were only used inside Action Packed offices, but were more so prototypes used for promoting the upcoming sets. During the 90s some companies marked their cards using several different words, but that all meant the same thing: PROMO, PROTO, PROTOTYPE, and SAMPLE. There are a few listed in Beckett if you search for "Action Packed Prototype Steve Young", but I don't see that one listed. I know that some of the prototypes were much more readily available than others. They used a lot of methods to distribute their prototype cards, everything from mailing to distributors and dealers, giveaways at shows, and even inserts in magazines, packs, and special "limited edition" boxes.
There are a few of this one on COMC and some recently ended auctions on eBay, so from a street value perspective I would put it around $10. In terms of Beckett book value (for trading) I would value it around $20. It's definitely one of the better ones to find.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is This Card In Beckett Organize? - by djohn - 02-13-2018, 10:22 AM