`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Opinions on becketts supercollector

RE: Opinions on becketts supercollector
(10-12-2011, 01:15 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Btw bakerman I probably have some marino you could use. Ik marinoisking is on my list of people who need my list of marinos. But thats besides the point.

But... But... I asked you first for your Marino list. LOL. I was waiting to find out what you had before I went Colbert hunting.

I actually have all the base set cards of Marino, including SP's, retail versions, factory set versions and any jersey or jersey/auto /25 cards that are a part of a base set.... One day I'll count them so you can know the total.

On a side note, I think the term "Supercollection" is more for a collection that makes you say, "OMG! I can't believe this!" so many times, you eventually become desensitized to the cards you are looking at. To the point you are looking at a Marino jersey/auto /50 and saying, "OK, I'm tired of looking at this box." I've met some GIANT Marino fans and showed them my box with Marino autographs. People start looking, all enthusiastic, 10-15 in, they ask "These are all Marino?" at about 30-40 they slow down, sometimes even stop looking, because it loses its luster.
I hate to say it, but just because someone has a lot of cards, or just a lot of highend cards, it doesn't make it "super" in my eyes. It could be a good collection, or a great collection, but I think Supercollection titles belong to the top 1%. Something that makes you say, "Wow. I'll never forget that collection!"

PS I also have seen MANY collections in Beckett that did not follow these guidelines in my eyes. It also bothers me, that a sportscard magazine, would showcase a "Supercollection" that is filled with wonderful memorabilia and ZERO cards. That bugs me. Not knocking the collection, but this is a sportscard magazine, not a signed mini-helmet magazine.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on becketts supercollector - by Marinocollector - 10-12-2011, 09:50 PM