`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Question Regarding My Babe Ruth Autograph

Question Regarding My Babe Ruth Autograph
I have a question for the more experienced collectors.

I may have to give up the prize of my Yankees collection. my 2005 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes Cut Auto #'ed 1/1. I am currently out of work and I have bills that need to be paid. It's going to break my heart if I have to sell it as I always thought it would be with me until I died. It's not 100% that I will sell it. I'm leaning toward keeping it to be honest.

Anyway, I did reach out to a store I shop at and asked if they would be intrested. The owner asked me what I was asking for and I said $4,000.00. Was that an obnoxious number or reasonable?

Here's a picture of the card

[Image: 20150128_153030_zpsrewrzwou.jpg]

Thanks,

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature

RE: Question Regarding My Babe Ruth Autograph
I would put it on ebay at 5g with buy in now or best offer.

If you get it authenticated and slabbed, $5,000 would be a good place to start. I wouldn't get it graded, just slabbed unless you think it's in gem mint condition. I wouldn't let it go for less than $5k. There's room for someone to make some cash on that as well.

One of my buddies pulled a Babe cut numbered 3 of 8 and he $8,000 out of it.

4,000, you were definitely on the lower side.

$4,000 is to low. I'd start an auction w bidding @ $5,000 (or the lowest amount you would accept). Or put a crazy price on it ($15,000-$20,000) and see what kind of offers you get. I saw one on Beckett Auctions (it was a triple cut though....Ruth Foxx and somebody else) that started at $10K.....I would do as mentioned above, at least get it slabbed. Good Luck and here's hoping you can get rid of the other stuff in your collection first (if it comes to that).
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the advice from everyone.

Mike

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature

Honestly, if you have enough cards to sell to make up the money you need without getting rid of the Ruth, keep the Ruth. You can almost certainly replace all of your other cards (or get some pretty close to the originals), but Ruth isn't due to sign anytime soon.

I probably don't and to be honest, I probably won't wind up selling it. I love this card and I know I could never afford to replace it. I never, ever thought I would be in a situation where I would have to sell any of my cards.

Mike

I hope things work out for you man. That's a tough situation to be in.