`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Question Regarding My Babe Ruth Autograph

RE: Question Regarding My Babe Ruth Autograph
You know, ramon noodles are pretty cheep and you can go without food and water for sometime....Just sayin! Good luck if you do decide to sell it. Do your research first before you put a number on it.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

sell your house, keep the card! They make houses everyday but babe ruth doesn't sign autographs too often these days.

But in all seriousness, sorry about your circumstance, hopefully things will turn around for you and you won't have to sell it.

I definitely would slab the card either way. Good luck!

Sucks to be forced into that predicament!
$4K was a very, very fair asking price and the shop owner did you a favor by being greedy. He should have handed you the cash before you had time to think. He could have easily flipped that for a quick profit and if he were savvy, maybe doubled it. What Joe said .., put it up for $12K and see if there are any takers, but only as a last resort. I'd sell nearly everything else before parting with a Ruth Auto.
Hope things get 'right' quickly so that you and The Babe can spend the rest of your lives together. Best of luck. I wish I had enough capital to start a baseball card pawn shop. Give you the money for the card and let you pay me back with installments at no interest to get it back. You get help, and for a short time, I'd get to look at a Ruth auto every day before going to bed Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the kind words. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. After holding on to a job for six years, I went through half of 2014 not working then going through 2 in the second half.

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature

(01-28-2015, 06:30 PM)yankeesjetsfan Wrote: I probably don't and to be honest, I probably won't wind up selling it. I love this card and I know I could never afford to replace it. I never, ever thought I would be in a situation where I would have to sell any of my cards.

Mike
Still, you should get it slabbed & authenticated by BGS...... Its worth the investment!
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

That is amazing my man! I cant even imagine ever having something like that in my collection. Sorry to hear about your situation(Ive almost been there before as well), just remember things have a way of working out for the best!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

You might consider marking other items for sale in your organize. I'd be happy to take a look and see if anything looks interesting that I might like to buy.
Thanks,
- Steve

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you can get things turned around quickly so you don't have to sell that card. Best of luck to you.
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

To me, whether to sell or not would depend on what I needed the funds for. If it's to feed your family, keep clothes on your back and a roof over your head, by all means, sell it. If you can "get by" by other means, keep it as a sort of insurance policy in case things take a turn for the worse. I wish you the best from here on out.
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

I was considering selling it only to make sure I don't fall behind too far on bills like rent and electric. But I've pretty much decided against selling it and once I start working again I will slab it.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. You all made my decision a lot easier to make and made me feel a lot better in the process.

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature