`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much do you charge....shipping.

How much do you charge....shipping.
So I've started to notice that my "rating" for shipping costs is only 4.5/5.

I charge $2.50, which $.25 gets taken off the top. So I'm down to $2.25. My bubbles mailers cost $.12 a piece, so that's $2.13, to ship from pay pal it's $1.69. To ship at the post office it's $2.09.

Am I really charging too much?

What do you charge?
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

RE: How much do you charge....shipping.
Usually $2 or free for anything over $15. I've read here and there of some people who refuse to give a 5 if the s/h isn't free. Then of course, there are the geniuses who don't take into account cost of supplies and only look at the actual shipping cost or figure that the cost of the supplies should be exactly what they would pay for them. Frankly, I don't get the squabbling of buyers over paying an extra $.50 when they have no qualms going out and paying $200 for a box of cards that they're likely to get nothing much anyway.

Of course, you're not allowed to charge fees in your s/h either. Ebay can take a fee from your s/h, but you're not allowed to pass that on.

That doesn't seem unreasonable, lately I've had people on eBay charging 2.50 - 3bucks and they ship in pwe. Those are the ones I knock down on shipping charges ....you charge me 3 bucks at least used a bubble mailer

Yea I always use a bubble mailer, normally a team bag, plus the top loader and penny sleeve. I have paid a lot more than $2.50 for shipping and I don't mark people down. I guess because I'm a seller and know how the fees are, I don't mind paying a little extra for shipping to help a seller recoup some of those fees. I guess I'm in the minority.

Since I send everything in a bubble mailer, penny and card holder with cardboard protection, I charge $3.00 if less then $15 everything over is free. Since I really have stopped selling any lower end stuff, I basically ship for free.

I just got tired of the whole "your shipping is excessive" argument. Would rather just trade/sell here
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Yea I wish I knew how to get people to buy my stuff from here haha. No fees, free shipping Smile

I offer free shipping in a PWE or they can upgrade to a bubble mailer for $3 ($2 to ship from the post office and a $1 for cost of supplies, gas, time spent to and from the post office).

On average most auctions I look at now days are in that $2.50-$3.00 range. So I don't feel I'm overcharging and they always have the option of a PWE for free which from my experience shipping the card in a top loader gets there safely without damage 9/10 times.

(08-15-2013, 10:14 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: Yea I wish I knew how to get people to buy my stuff from here haha. No fees, free shipping Smile
Same as trade...just put in for sale and a price. Most won't look for items, but just set-up a thread you can push to the top and keep it in thier minds that you have stuff to sell. Really simple....however folks will want a "discount" because of No-fees, free shipping. If it was a retorical question...no problem, just killing some time .

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Someone is charging me $6.95 for shipping and the item is over $100
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(08-15-2013, 10:43 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Someone is charging me $6.95 for shipping and the item is over $100
Priority Mail & insured? Can't see what other reason it should be that much.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered